Identifying the Source of Organic Chemistry Problems: A Scientist's Perspective

In summary, the conversation revolved around a person preparing for the chemistry olympiad and seeking help in identifying an exercise in organic chemistry from a particular book or problem collection. The exercise was described as having nice problems, possibly higher than those found in Solomons Organic Chem. It was then suggested that the exercise may be from the "Book of Invisible Chemistry Problems" by Anon.
Carbon123
Hello !
I am preparing for chemistry olympiad,and my friend gave me this exercise in organic chemistry,but he won't tell me what book this is from can anyone help identify what book /problem collection this is ? (It has got some nice problems,at least higher than solomons organic chem)
Thanks in advance !

Attachments

• 20171128_224538.jpg
    20171128_224538.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 561
  • 20171128_224521.jpg
    20171128_224521.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 549
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Carbon123 said:
Hello !
I am preparing for chemistry olympiad,and my friend gave me this exercise in organic chemistry,but he won't tell me what book this is from can anyone help identify what book /problem collection this is ? (It has got some nice problems,at least higher than solomons organic chem)
Thanks in advance !
Looks a lot like the problem is from the "Book of Invisible Chemistry Problems", by Anon. o0)

berkeman said:
Looks a lot like the problem is from the "Book of Invisible Chemistry Problems", by Anon. o0)
Welp,now that was stupid.I thought I uploaded the pic (note :sorry for the bad quality and the writings)

Likes berkeman

1. What are the essential elements of this chemistry book?

The essential elements of a chemistry book may vary depending on the specific book and its intended audience. However, most chemistry books will cover topics such as atoms, chemical bonding, the periodic table, chemical reactions, and thermodynamics. They may also include chapters on organic chemistry, biochemistry, and environmental chemistry.

2. Does this chemistry book cover advanced topics?

It depends on what is considered "advanced" and the level of the book. Some chemistry books may cover more advanced topics such as quantum mechanics, spectroscopy, or computational chemistry, while others may focus on foundational concepts. It is best to check the table of contents or ask a librarian or professor for more information.

3. Is this chemistry book suitable for high school students?

Again, this will depend on the specific book and its intended audience. Some chemistry books are written specifically for high school students, while others may be more suitable for college-level students. It is important to check the reading level and content of the book before deciding if it is appropriate for a high school student.

4. Are there any online resources or study aids that accompany this chemistry book?

Many chemistry books now come with online resources, such as practice problems, interactive quizzes, and video tutorials. Some books may also have accompanying study guides or solution manuals. It is best to check the publisher's website or ask a professor for more information.

5. What sets this chemistry book apart from others on the market?

This is a subjective question as different people may have different opinions on what makes a chemistry book stand out. Some factors that may make a chemistry book unique could include its approach to teaching concepts, the inclusion of real-world applications, or the use of visuals or diagrams. Reading reviews or talking to a professor may help provide more insight into what makes a particular chemistry book distinctive.