If 1=5, 2=25, 3=125,4=1880, 5=?

In summary: Same here, so I have closed this thread. Despite the thread title, ##1 \ne 5, 2 \ne 25, 3 \ne 125,## and so on.
Lay1
Homework Statement
If 1=5, 2=25, 3=125,4=1880, 5=?
Relevant Equations
I dont know.
I do not know how to do that.

Physics news on Phys.org
Lay1 said:
Homework Statement: If 1=5, 2=25, 3=125,4=1880, 5=?
Relevant Equations: I dont know.

I do not know how to do that.
According to this site rules, we need you to show some effort in order to offer any guidance.

Lnewqban said:
According to this site rules, we need you to show some effort in order to offer any guidance.
It is nothing serious. I have tried multiple methods. But I do not know how to work out the problem. It was asked in the math class by the teacher for fun. However, I still cannot crack it. Thats why I am wondering anyone here will be able to solve it. Thus, I did not put up my attempts.

I would recommend you to start by doing a x versus y graph, in which x represents the first number and y represents the second number (or the other way around).
After that, a pattern would be evident to you.

Likes scottdave
Lnewqban said:
I would recommend you to start by doing a x versus y graph, in which x represents the first number and y represents the second number (or the other way around).
After that, a pattern would be evident to you.
Thank you. I will use the hidden gem you have given me. Thank you!

Likes Lnewqban
Is the answer 5=4235?

Lay1 said:
Thank you. I will use the hidden gem you have given me. Thank you!
Reconsidering my advice; a graph will result in too small resolution to arrive to any conclusions.
Apologies, disregard that idea, please.
Let's wait for better inputs.

:rolleyes:

Likes Lay1
I have very little patience for these types of puzzles. ##5^1=5 \checkmark, 5^2=25 \checkmark, 5^3=125 \checkmark, 5^4=625 \ne 1880##. That's where I stop.

• Haha
Likes chwala, vela, jbriggs444 and 3 others
FactChecker said:
I have very little patience for these types of puzzles. ##5^1=5 \checkmark, 5^2=25 \checkmark, 5^3=125 \checkmark, 5^4=625 \ne 1880##. That's where I stop.
Same here, so I have closed this thread. Despite the thread title, ##1 \ne 5, 2 \ne 25, 3 \ne 125,## and so on.

Likes chwala, Vanadium 50, Lay1 and 2 others

1. What is the pattern in the given sequence?

The pattern in the given sequence is the exponentiation of the number by itself. In other words, each number is multiplied by itself the same number of times as its value. For example, 2 is multiplied by itself 2 times, resulting in 4. 3 is multiplied by itself 3 times, resulting in 27.

2. How does 1 equal 5 in this sequence?

In this sequence, 1 is being used as a placeholder for the first number in the sequence. It does not actually equal 5, but rather represents the starting point for the pattern.

3. Can this sequence be extended beyond 5?

Yes, this sequence can be extended to any number. The next number in the sequence would be 6=46656, where 6 is multiplied by itself 6 times, resulting in 46656.

4. Is there a mathematical formula for this sequence?

Yes, the formula for this sequence is n^n, where n represents the value of the number in the sequence. For example, 4=4^4, and 5=5^5.

5. How is this sequence relevant in science?

This sequence is relevant in science as it demonstrates the concept of exponential growth, which is commonly seen in natural phenomena such as population growth, bacterial growth, and radioactive decay. It also highlights the importance of understanding patterns and using mathematical formulas to make predictions and solve problems.