If one of your friends got a tattoo of you

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of getting a tattoo of a friend's face and how different people may feel about it. Some may find it natural and even honorable, while others may find it creepy or weird. The conversation also mentions a personal experience with tattoo removal and how the perception of tattoos can vary among friends. Ultimately, the response to this question depends on individual feelings towards tattoos and the friendship in question.
hbk4894
would you feel honored or creeped out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't have any friends that stupid.

Likes Borg
I'd feel like it'd be a totally natural thing to do...I mean who wouldn't want to inscribe my handsome face permanently onto their flesh?

Likes Mmm_Pasta
Matterwave said:
I'd feel like it'd be a totally natural thing to do...I mean who wouldn't want to inscribe my handsome face permanently onto their flesh?
Damn shame I'm so ugly, otherwise I might feel the same way. :smile:

Wow lol, after having a good laugh, I'd be extremely creeped out.

I had a worker that decided to become a model but was required to remove his traditional sailor tattoo @ US$1500/inch^2. He wore a large bandage for months as the pigments were lased away.

It depends completely on the friends in question. Personally I'm not a big fan of tattoos (for myself, not others) so would find the notion weird, even amongst my very close friends. However my cousin and his best friend got matching style tattoos of each others nicknames. So I guess the only relevant answer to this question is to ask how you feel about your friend doing this?

I believe that the truth of (many of) these statements depend critically on the meaning of friend. None of my acquaintances have visible body modifications beyond styled (facial) hair.

1. What inspired your friend to get a tattoo of you?

This is a common question as people are often curious about the reasoning behind someone's tattoo. In this case, it is likely that your friend admires you and wants to honor your friendship by permanently displaying your image on their body.

2. Did your friend consult with you before getting the tattoo?

It's possible that your friend may have asked for your opinion or input before getting the tattoo, but ultimately the decision was theirs. It's important to respect their personal choices, even if they involve your likeness.

3. How do you feel about having your image permanently inked on someone else's body?

This is a subjective question and can vary depending on the individual. Some people may feel honored and flattered, while others may feel uncomfortable or even violated. It's important to communicate your feelings to your friend in a respectful and understanding manner.

4. Are you concerned about the potential consequences of your friend getting a tattoo of you?

Again, this can vary depending on the person. Some may be worried about the social or professional implications of having their image on someone else's body, while others may not be concerned at all. It's important to have an open and honest conversation with your friend about any potential concerns.

5. Will you be getting a matching tattoo as well?

This is a common question among friends who get matching tattoos, but in this case, the decision is ultimately up to you. If you are comfortable with the idea, you could consider getting a matching tattoo as a symbol of your strong friendship and bond.