I'm on ur building, riding mah invisible bike

In summary, the conversation centers around the topic of LOLcats and whether or not they are funny. Some individuals find them hilarious, while others find them annoying. The conversation also veers off into a comparison between cats and dogs and the various qualities that make dogs superior to cats. However, the original topic of LOLcats remains the main focus.
Char. Limit
Gold Member
Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps it should be merged into kitten lovers thread?

Sure.

And for those of you who don't know what LOLcats are (shame on you!), here's a TVTropes explanation:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Lolcats

I lol'd.
I find it annoying. So the cat speaks in misspelled words; what's funny about that?

leroyjenkens said:
I find it annoying. So the cat speaks in misspelled words; what's funny about that?

Like all in-joke/running gag memes, either you're part of it and like it, or you're not and you don't.

For me it was RickRolling. Wasn't part of it early enoiugh so didn't find it funny.

leroyjenkens said:

Your login name is a mis-spelled version of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU" and you are complaining about LolCatz?

Nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
leroyjenkens said:

I suppose you would have to like silly cat pictures to begin with. Many of them just aren't funny though. Invisible Bike being one of the ones not so funny.

If you do not like this one though I can do nothing for you.
1251522822547.jpg

leroyjenkens said:

It's just the cats that are annoying.

@Statutory:

Hahaha! I found that pic very funny...

@rootX:

Well, if you want, I can get LOLdogs, LOLfish... But since cats are the best non-human animals around, why bother?

Char. Limit said:
But since cats are the best non-human animals around, why bother?

WHAT?!

1. Dogs are Happy. Dogs think your the best person in the world even if you are grumpy, when you come home from school or work your Dogs will be there licking your face and jumping around and they can't wait to see you, while cats don’t notice if you are there or not as long as they get their food.
2. Dogs Care. A dog can sense when you are sad and they will comfort you to make you feel better, cats don’t give a rats arse.
3. Dogs Protect. If a robber comes in or a fire starts the dog will tell you while the cat just pretends it never saw it or just creep through the window if a fire is going on.
4. Dogs Play. Dogs will play with a ball or a toy with you for as long as there energy will hold while the only things cats play with is their bugs and mice.
5. Dogs are better for health. Dogs need to be walked it may seem like a drag but this is probably the only real walking you get for the day so it will make you live longer.
6. Dogs listen when you call. When you call your dogs name it will come running to you without fail, with a cat if it even knows its name it most likely won't come to you unless you have a can of food in your hand.
7. Dogs Listen. When you talk to dogs they will make faces and tilt there head and try to work out what your saying while cats just meow and walk away.
8. Dogs can do Tricks. You have to admit dogs can do some pretty cool tricks like rolling over sitting down catching balls and fetching things while the only trick a cat does is that it claws your face and furniture in two minutes flat.
9. Dogs Love. Dogs will love you until the day they die but on the other hand cats will make you suffer for every mistake you have ever done since you have been born.
10. Dogs are more Hygienic. Although some may argue that cats are more hygienic because they wash themselves but when they wash themselves they get fur balls and cough it up on the table and cats run all over your house touching everything with their paws and you don’t know where they have been while dogs are content on the ground.
11. Dogs aren’t selfish. Dogs will help you if your in trouble and are extremely loyal to their owners while cats only care about themselves.
12. Dogs get the girls. If you are a guy do you think a cat will get the girls? the answer is no only dogs will.
13. Dogs are variety. Dogs come in all shapes, sizes and colour to suit what the owner wants but cats are pretty boring as they really only vary in colour.
14. Dogs and sneezing. Its been proved that if a child is with a dog the first few years of their life it builds up their immune system and helps prevent asthma and sneezing allergy’s.
15. Dogs are Smart. Dogs are smarter then cats by fact and they will learn tricks and basic commandments easy and its also a load of fun.

http://gomestic.com/pets/15-reasons-why-dogs-are-better-than-cats/

rootX said:
WHAT?!

1. Dogs are Happy. Dogs think your the best person in the world even if you are grumpy, when you come home from school or work your Dogs will be there licking your face and jumping around and they can't wait to see you, while cats don’t notice if you are there or not as long as they get their food.
2. Dogs Care. A dog can sense when you are sad and they will comfort you to make you feel better, cats don’t give a rats arse.
3. Dogs Protect. If a robber comes in or a fire starts the dog will tell you while the cat just pretends it never saw it or just creep through the window if a fire is going on.
4. Dogs Play. Dogs will play with a ball or a toy with you for as long as there energy will hold while the only things cats play with is their bugs and mice.
5. Dogs are better for health. Dogs need to be walked it may seem like a drag but this is probably the only real walking you get for the day so it will make you live longer.
6. Dogs listen when you call. When you call your dogs name it will come running to you without fail, with a cat if it even knows its name it most likely won't come to you unless you have a can of food in your hand.
7. Dogs Listen. When you talk to dogs they will make faces and tilt there head and try to work out what your saying while cats just meow and walk away.
8. Dogs can do Tricks. You have to admit dogs can do some pretty cool tricks like rolling over sitting down catching balls and fetching things while the only trick a cat does is that it claws your face and furniture in two minutes flat.
9. Dogs Love. Dogs will love you until the day they die but on the other hand cats will make you suffer for every mistake you have ever done since you have been born.
10. Dogs are more Hygienic. Although some may argue that cats are more hygienic because they wash themselves but when they wash themselves they get fur balls and cough it up on the table and cats run all over your house touching everything with their paws and you don’t know where they have been while dogs are content on the ground.
11. Dogs aren’t selfish. Dogs will help you if your in trouble and are extremely loyal to their owners while cats only care about themselves.
12. Dogs get the girls. If you are a guy do you think a cat will get the girls? the answer is no only dogs will.
13. Dogs are variety. Dogs come in all shapes, sizes and colour to suit what the owner wants but cats are pretty boring as they really only vary in colour.
14. Dogs and sneezing. Its been proved that if a child is with a dog the first few years of their life it builds up their immune system and helps prevent asthma and sneezing allergy’s.
15. Dogs are Smart. Dogs are smarter then cats by fact and they will learn tricks and basic commandments easy and its also a load of fun.

http://gomestic.com/pets/15-reasons-why-dogs-are-better-than-cats/

Yawn. Another dog-person over-compensating...

:devil:

Oh btw, a cat-person would have proofed that list to fix all the typos and horrific spelling before copying and pasting it...

:biggrin:

:biggrin:
http://www.entertonement.com/clips/...-Robert-De-Niro-Meet-the-Parents-Jack-Byrnes-

Jack: "Greg, how come you don't like cats?"

Greg: "I don't not like cats I just, I just prefer dogs. I mean I'm just more of a dog kind of, you know - come home, they're wagging their little tails, happy to see you."

Jack: "So you need that assurance do you? You prefer an emotionally shallow animal?"

Greg: "I..."

Jack: "You see Greg, when you yell at a dog, his tail will go between his legs and cover his genitals, his ears will go down. A dog is very easy to break, but cats make you work for their affection. They don't sell out the way dogs do."

Greg: "...Huh."

rootX said:
WHAT?!

Reference Dembadon above.

rootX said:

So you need help from an animal to make you feel better?

rootX said:

The problem is, dogs bark at EVERYTHING, because they see EVERYTHING as a threat. I don't want to be kept up (and I have) by my dog because he's barking at passers-by!

rootX said:

Wow, so I guess all those times I played with a string or something with my cat, that was just a myth.

rootX said:

You, sir, have a sad opinion about how much I exercise. My work consists of manual labor, so I get a lot of exercise, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. And after a day of hard work (manual labor), the LAST thing I want to do is walk another half hour.

rootX said:

My cat responds to "kitty" and it responds when I don't have food in my hand.
rootX said:

You have no understanding of cats.

rootX said:

So you need an animal to do tricks for you before you will get it? That's some pretty high standards; I'm just looking for a companion.

rootX said:

Someone's vindictive, I see. My cat loves me, and sleeps with me at night. I think you need to treat a cat better if it hates you that much.

rootX said:

I've never seen a furball in my house at all. And my cat knows how to use a litterbox; try saying that about the dog that just crapped on your new Persian rug.

rootX said:

Yes, because if I'm in trouble, I'm going to rely on an ANIMAL to save me.

rootX said:

If you need a cute animal to get the girl, you are:

1. Assuming that the girl is shallow enough to be taken in by this, and
2. Seriously lacking in relationship skills.

rootX said:

Obviously you've never seen a Sphynx.

rootX said:

If it's been proven, show me.

rootX said:

They can learn commandments? I want my dog to tell me "thou shalt not steal"!

I think I've fixed that up...

I suppose you would have to like silly cat pictures to begin with. Many of them just aren't funny though. Invisible Bike being one of the ones not so funny.
Actually the invisible bike picture is one that I find funny. It's funny because of the position of the cat and saying that he's riding an invisible bike. It doesn't need to say "invizabal biek" to be "funny". Actually, that would ruin it.
If you do not like this one though I can do nothing for you.
I'm not sure why zombie needs to be misspelled in that picture. That's the problem I have with these.
So you need help from an animal to make you feel better?
So you don't believe in comforting people when they feel bad? Or does that just apply to dogs for the sake of your argument?

This is an oldie, but a goodie. And SA, that kitten picture is adorable!

As seen in a dog's diary:

7 am - Oh boy! A walk! My favorite!

8 am- Oh boy! Dog food! My favorite!

9 am- Oh boy! The kids! My favorite!

Noon- Oh boy! The yard! My favorite!

2 pm- Oh boy! A car ride! My favorite!

3 pm- Oh boy! The kids! My favorite!

4 pm- Oh boy! Playing ball! My favorite!

6 pm- Oh boy! Welcome home Mom! My favorite!

7 pm- Oh boy! Welcome home Dad! My favorite!

8 pm- Oh boy! Dog food! My favorite!

9 pm- Oh boy! Tummy rubs on the couch! My favorite!

11 pm- Oh boy! Sleeping in my people's bed! My favorite!

As seen in a cat's diary:

Day 183 of my captivity...

My captors continued to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.
They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The
only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild
satisfaction I get from clawing the furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another
house plant. Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their
feet while they were walking almost succeeded - must try this at the top of
the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I
once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair - must try this
on their bed.

Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body in an attempt To
make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear in their
hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I
was. - Hmmm, not working according to plan.

There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in
solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell
the food. More important, I overheard that my confinement was due to my
powers of inducing "allergies."- Must learn what this is and how to use it
to my advantage.

I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog
is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously
a half-wit. The bird, on the other hand, has got to be an informant and
speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to
his current placement in the metal room, his safety is assured.

But I can wait - it is only a matter of time.

A dog thinks: They feed me, they love me, they give me a home... They must be gods! A cat thinks: They feed me, they love me, they give me a home... I am a god!

Borek said:
A dog thinks: They feed me, they love me, they give me a home... They must be gods! A cat thinks: They feed me, they love me, they give me a home... I am a god!
Yes, as anyone that has ever been owned by a cat will affirm.

I love cats.

Evo said:
Yes, as anyone that has ever been owned by a cat will affirm.

I love cats.

Several months ago I started feeding a ratty stray who was hanging around my house. He (I think) was a mess - his front paw was badly hurt, and he has some sort of fur problem. He was really pathetic looking, and all but feral. He's a lot better now.

Well, I ran out of dry food and had to give him canned for a few days. When I switched back to dry, I set the dish in front of him and he looked at me like, "You're not serious, right?" I just laughed...and this, from a stray!

I love cats, too.

http://failblogger.org/usersubmissions/selected1/Ninja%20Cat.jpg

Evo said:
As seen in a cat's diary:

Day 183 of my captivity...

My captors continued to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.
They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The
only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild
satisfaction I get from clawing the furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another
house plant. Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their
feet while they were walking almost succeeded - must try this at the top of
the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I
once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair - must try this
on their bed.

Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body in an attempt To
make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear in their
hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I
was. - Hmmm, not working according to plan.

There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in
solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell
the food. More important, I overheard that my confinement was due to my
powers of inducing "allergies."- Must learn what this is and how to use it
to my advantage.

I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog
is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously
a half-wit. The bird, on the other hand, has got to be an informant and
speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to
his current placement in the metal room, his safety is assured.

But I can wait - it is only a matter of time.

Apparently cats are Stewie from Family Guy

Have you ever heard of:
Rescue Cats
A feline unit
Release the cats of war

Didn't think so.

DavidSnider said:
Have you ever heard of:
Rescue Cats
A feline unit
Release the cats of war

Didn't think so.

Yes.

Char. Limit said:
Yes.

Irony doesn't count.

Well, then, no.

But I have no idea what you're trying to prove anyway. That dogs are more useful to police, firefighters, and Roman generals?

Char. Limit said:
Well, then, no.

But I have no idea what you're trying to prove anyway. That dogs are more useful to police, firefighters, and Roman generals?

That dogs help people while cats might as well be fish.

DavidSnider said:
That dogs help people while cats might as well be fish.
What? You don't know about "seeing eye cats"? Just because no one lived to fill out the questionaires doesn't mean anything. :rolleyes:

DavidSnider said:
Straws. You iz grasping.

A defense against one of the most common diseases in America is "grasping at straws"?

And I've yet to see you cite a source, although I'm sure you easily could. Go on, show me the dog that rather than creating stress by barking ALL NIGHT, humping your leg, and knocking you over as you walk in the building, reduces stress by an amount necessary to prevent heart attacks.

You've already googled "dogs reduce stress". Why bother.

leroyjenkens said:
I'm not sure why zombie needs to be misspelled in that picture. That's the problem I have with these.

This is for you then Leroy...
1251524955999.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8147566.stm

Researchers at the University of Sussex have discovered that cats use a "soliciting purr" to overpower their owners and garner attention and food.

rootX said:

Is this why I feel that irresistible urge to feed the stray who has taken up residence on my front porch?

Well if it is, it doesn't explain the satisfaction I feel by doing it.

(Except I can't stand to watch...like a wolf, that cat eats !)

TheLoser said:
I don't know why people laugh about the sites. They have not anything laughing

Ah c'mon, you don't think this is funny?

[PLAIN]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/funny-pictures-cat-slept-on-face.jpg