IMAX 3D vs RealD 3D: Worth It for Azy Eye?

• Thread starter mdh321
  • Start date
  • Tags
    3d
In summary, the speaker is planning on seeing Suicide Squad in IMAX but cannot use the red and green glasses due to their lazy eye. They are wondering if IMAX RelD 3D would be a better option, but the expert summarizer explains that 3D systems require input from both eyes and may not work for someone with a lazy eye. It is suggested to save money and watch a non-3D showing, but the speaker may try it out once to see how it works for them. The conversation ends with a reminder to not solicit on the platform.
mdh321
I know I'm not in the right space for thise, nor smart enough to be here, but iplan on seeing Suicide Squad Friday at IMAX. Icant use those red and green glasses they have because I have a azy eye and the don't work compatibly with each other. I just heard of IMAX RelD 3D and was wondering if it would help, if its worth it, or if I should just sit back and watch the movie like a gentleman. Thanks.

Biology news on Phys.org
If I understand what a "lazy eye" is correctly, your brain is ignoring the input from one eye. If so, then I don't think any 3D system would work since they all require that your brain process the input from both eyes to generate a 3D image. I'd save your money and watch a non-3D showing. Of course, you could try it out this once and see how it works for you. Then you'd know for sure.

Likes Fervent Freyja
This is correct. My good eye sees about 90% of my vision while my bad eye sees about `10%. Thanks for your response. I'm sure Ill enjoy it in regular imax, anyways.

Please do not come here and solicit. Posts deleted and thread closed.

Likes Pepper Mint

1. What is the difference between IMAX 3D and RealD 3D?

IMAX 3D and RealD 3D are both methods of displaying 3D movies. IMAX 3D uses a specialized projector and screen to create a more immersive experience, while RealD 3D uses polarized glasses to create the illusion of depth.

2. Is IMAX 3D or RealD 3D better for people with lazy eye?

Both IMAX 3D and RealD 3D can be enjoyed by people with lazy eye. However, some people may have a preference for one over the other based on personal experience.

3. Does IMAX 3D or RealD 3D provide a better overall viewing experience?

This is subjective and can vary from person to person. Some people may prefer the size and immersive quality of IMAX 3D, while others may find RealD 3D to be more comfortable and visually appealing.

4. Are there any potential health risks associated with viewing movies in IMAX 3D or RealD 3D?

Both IMAX 3D and RealD 3D use technology that has been deemed safe for viewing. However, some people may experience discomfort or headaches while watching 3D movies, and it is recommended to take breaks if needed.

5. Is there a significant price difference between IMAX 3D and RealD 3D?

The cost of tickets for IMAX 3D and RealD 3D can vary depending on the theater and location. In general, IMAX 3D tickets tend to be more expensive due to the specialized technology used in the theaters.