In search of an economics forum

In summary, the individual is looking for an economics forum similar to PhysicsForums for self-education purposes. They have tried reddit and stackexchange, but found them unsuitable. They have found a potential option in EconSpark, an AEA Economics Discussion Forum. This moderated message board allows members and registered users to share information and foster a community for learning and exchanging advice.
Hall
I need an economics forum very similar to the way PhysicsForums is for Maths and Physics. S done

I tried reddit and stackexchange but they were not very suitable. Stackexchange in economics was not very active and reddit was mostly about discussing the everyday issues involving economics. What I'm looking for is something which can serve for self-education purpose, like anyone who has done a basic course, say in Kinematics, can strengthen his knowledge simply by participating in threads posted here on PF on Kinematics and can even look for older threads and have some insights which no textbook seem to cover. That's what I'm looking for economics.

Physics news on Phys.org
https://www.aeaweb.org/economics-discussion-forum

One may have to obtain a membership, but EconSpark is an AEA Economics Discussion Forum. The moderated message board was created to provide a place for members and other registered users to share information relevant to economics. They encourage members/users to ask questions and contribute comments and foster a community where participants can learn from and advise each other in a safe environment.

Increasingly, scientific, technical and otherwise professional societies have their own discussion and social interaction boards.

• Informative
Likes berkeman and Hall

1. What is an economics forum?

An economics forum is an online platform or community where individuals can discuss various topics related to economics including economic policies, theories, current events, and research. It serves as a space for economists, researchers, policymakers, and students to share their ideas, insights, and engage in meaningful discussions.

2. Why should I join an economics forum?

Joining an economics forum can provide you with a wealth of knowledge and information about the field of economics. It allows you to connect with other professionals and experts in the field, expand your network, and stay updated on the latest developments and trends in economics. Participating in discussions and debates can also help improve your critical thinking and analytical skills.

3. How can I find an economics forum to join?

There are several ways to find an economics forum to join. You can start by searching online using keywords such as "economics forum" or "economics discussion board." You can also ask for recommendations from colleagues or professors, or check out social media groups or professional organizations related to economics.

4. Are there different types of economics forums?

Yes, there are various types of economics forums, each with its own focus and purpose. Some forums may cater to a specific subfield of economics, such as macroeconomics or behavioral economics, while others may be more broad and cover a range of topics. There are also forums that are geared towards professionals, students, or the general public.

5. How can I make the most out of participating in an economics forum?

To make the most out of participating in an economics forum, it is important to actively engage in discussions and debates, ask questions, and share your own knowledge and insights. It is also beneficial to read and respond to others' posts, as this can help you gain a better understanding of different perspectives and learn from others in the field. Additionally, be respectful and open-minded towards others' opinions and ideas.