Tips & Tricks for web searches focusing on discussion forum sites

In summary: This tip from your link might be close to what the OP wants:9. Search for related sites Facebook Twitter Pinterest Related search. Photograph: Samuel Gibbs for the GuardianThe related qualifier is useful for finding similar sites. Searching for related:theguardian.com for instance, will bring up the websites of other news organisations that Google deems the most similar to the Guardian.In summary, Google does not have a search option that just focuses on forum sites. There is no discussion search option in search engines.
mech-eng
How can we make a search just focusing on forum sites? Is there any discussion search options in search engines?

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-forum-search-engines-to-search-40-000-message-boards/

http://www.seobythesea.com/2010/02/googles-specialized-forum-and-discussion-thread-search-results/

Unfortunately forum sites don't have a characteristic extension such edu, If it would have been so, the search would have been done very easily.

Thanks and regards.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Have you tried putting the forum name in the search string if you know which forum it was in?

Evo said:
Have you tried putting the forum name in the search string if you know which forum it was in?

I actually wanted to search some keywords in forums instead of a speacial forum.

Thank you.

mech-eng said:
I actually wanted to search some keywords in forums instead of a speacial forum.

Thank you.
I don't know of anyway you could do anything other than type "forum" and see if that narrows down your search in the off chance the forum actually has forum in it's name.

I agree w/ Evo. Forums are just web sites.

Likes Evo
You can narrow google searches using the “site:” prefix to a single site.

They may have a way to provide a list or some common pattern but what you’re looking for is a means to identify forum sites or maybe xenforo sites ie based on the software used by the site.

You’d need to ask google about it. Offhand I don’t kno but I think there may be a way. Here’s what I found using “google forum site specific searching”

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433?hl=en

jedishrfu said:
https://www.theguardian.com/technol...-pro-10-tips-and-tricks-for-google-and-beyond
Nice article!

This tip from your link might be close to what the OP wants:
9. Search for related sites

883.jpg

Facebook Twitter Pinterest
Related search. Photograph: Samuel Gibbs for the Guardian
The related qualifier is useful for finding similar sites. Searching for related:theguardian.com for instance, will bring up the websites of other news organisations that Google deems the most similar to the Guardian.

Attachments

• 883.jpg
    883.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 462
Likes jedishrfu

1. How can I effectively use keywords for finding relevant discussion forum sites?

One tip is to use specific and relevant keywords related to your topic. Avoid using broad or generic terms. You can also try using quotation marks around your keywords to narrow down your search results.

2. What are some advanced search operators that can be used for discussion forum sites?

Some useful operators include "site:" to search within a specific website, "inurl:" to search for keywords in the URL, and "intitle:" to search for keywords in the title of the discussion forum.

3. How can I filter out irrelevant or low-quality discussion forum sites?

One way is to use the "filetype:" operator to search for specific file types, such as PDFs or Word documents. This can help you find more credible and informative discussion forum sites. You can also check the date of the post to ensure it is recent and relevant.

4. Are there any tips for phrasing my search queries for discussion forum sites?

Try to use natural language and be specific with your search query. You can also try using question words such as "how," "what," or "why" to find discussions that address a specific question or problem.

5. How can I find active and engaging discussion forum sites?

Look for forums with a high number of members and recent activity. You can also read through a few threads to get a sense of the level of engagement and quality of discussions. Additionally, look for forums that have moderators or rules in place to ensure a positive and respectful community.