Inability to memorize anything-starting to haunt me

• Thread starter Listiba
  • Start date
In summary: I can usually derive them if I am given a specific example, but I have not been able to do it on my own in the past.In terms of the specifics, that is something you will have to work on.

How diligently did you pore over flashcards? I have a relatively decent memory, but still had to spend a great deal of time with my fat stack of derivatives/integrals/identities for calc 2.

If you say you knew them by heart the day prior to the final, maybe you have an anxiety issue? As in, you end up blanking on the final because of stress?

Physics news on Phys.org

MathWarrior said:
You can have tenure dismissed in many cases other then a felony, especially now of days. Regardless of the point tenure laws are individualized by state, my state for instance has abolished tenure.

Id be interested to know what states have done this. I searched google, but can't find any states that have done this at the college level.

Regardless, I don't think this is the way to go either. In my example above, even without tenure he would not have been dismissed. He was one of the best researchers in the department.

You keep ignoring the fact that ultimately each student is responsible for his or her own learning.

And, to bring it back to the province of the thread, that includes deciding how much to memorize and how to do it.

Last edited: