Inner product with maximally entangled state

In summary, the maximum inner product of a density operator with a maximally entangled state is being considered. The minimum value for this maximum is believed to be 1/n2, using the density operator 1/n2 identity. However, it needs to be proven that this is the minimum value for all possible density operators.
rmp251
Consider the maximum inner product of a density operator with a maximally entangled state. (So, given a density operator, we're maximizing over all maximally entangled states.)

I'm pretty sure the minimum value (a lower bound on the maximum) for this is 1/n2, using the density operator 1/n2 identity. How can I prove that is the minimum?

Thanks!
Reuben

Physics news on Phys.org
can you please write down the density operator you are talking about; and what you mean by 'maximum inner product of a density operator with a maximally entangled state'.

Sorry I realize that was a little incomplete. Let [itex]\mathcal{X}[/itex] and [itex]\mathcal{Y}[/itex] be complex Euclidean spaces with dim([itex]\mathcal{X}[/itex])=dim([itex]\mathcal{Y}[/itex])=n.

Define

[itex]
M(\rho) = \max\left\{<u u^{\ast},\rho>\,:\,u\in\mathcal{X}\otimes\mathcal{Y}\;\text{is maximally entangled}
\right\}
[/itex]

for any density operator [itex]\rho[/itex] on [itex]\mathcal{X}\otimes\mathcal{Y}[/itex].

For [itex]\rho=\frac{1}{n^2}\text{I}[/itex] we get [itex]M=\frac{1}{n^2}[/itex]

How can I show that that is the minimum value of [itex]M[/itex] over all possible density operators [itex]\rho[/itex]?

Related to Inner product with maximally entangled state

What is an inner product with maximally entangled state?

An inner product with maximally entangled state refers to the mathematical operation of taking the inner product (also known as dot product) of two quantum states that are maximally entangled. This type of inner product is used in quantum information theory to quantify the entanglement between two quantum systems.

How is the inner product calculated for maximally entangled states?

The inner product for maximally entangled states is calculated by taking the complex conjugate of one state and multiplying it with the other state. This is then summed over all possible values of the quantum state variables. The resulting value is a measure of the entanglement between the two states.

What is the significance of inner product with maximally entangled state in quantum computing?

The inner product with maximally entangled state is important in quantum computing as it allows for the measurement of entanglement between two quantum systems. This is crucial for understanding and utilizing quantum entanglement, which is a key resource in quantum information processing and communication.

How is the inner product with maximally entangled state related to quantum entanglement?

The inner product with maximally entangled state is directly related to quantum entanglement, as it quantifies the degree of entanglement between two quantum systems. The higher the value of the inner product, the more entangled the two systems are. This allows for a precise measurement of entanglement in quantum systems.

Can the inner product with maximally entangled state be used for any type of quantum state?

No, the inner product with maximally entangled state is specifically used for calculating the entanglement between two maximally entangled quantum states. It cannot be used for other types of quantum states, such as partially entangled or separable states, as the concept of inner product only applies to maximally entangled states.