Inside the Football Factory - Education, Sports and Kids

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of college athletes not receiving a proper education and being used for their athletic abilities. The speakers express disappointment in the lack of academic focus and the use of athletes for the benefit of the school. They also suggest that these athletes may not have succeeded in a regular academic setting and that a structured sports program may be beneficial for their personal development.
Watching this video swirled a lot of thoughts and emotions in my mind. After the UNC scandal, it all makes more sense. In my mind we are completely selling these kids out. The video brags about the colleges some kids get recruited for, yet it doesn't talk about how many get drafted. So the kids get to play college ball and then have no real academic skills. I am so disappointed right now. Not for one second do I believe their weak propaganda that they care about the academics.

Physics news on Phys.org
I feel the same way. Locally many of The University of Arizona athletes are enrolled in a program especially designed for them. It is called Family Studies. Their degree if the do get it will be in , of course, Family Studies.

The odds of these kids getting into a real academic environment elsewhere is about zero. Growing up with real father figures and discipline is a lesson of how to live a decent life that's much more valuable to them at that stage.

nsaspook said:
The odds of these kids getting into a real academic environment elsewhere is about zero. Growing up with real father figures and discipline is a lesson of how to live a decent life that's much more valuable to them at that stage.
How can these things not be done in a regular academics first high school setting? In my eyes these school founders are just using these kids so they can have a nice football team. But not even that is working as they finished 3-9 last year.

Greg Bernhardt said:
How can these things not be done in a regular academics first high school setting? In my eyes these school founders are just using these kids so they can have a nice football team. But not even that is working as they finished 3-9 last year.

IMO if most of these 'students' could succeed in that type of setting the odds are they would already be there. Sure the founders might have their own self centered reasons other than just helping the kids off the street but so what. At least the kids seem to be treated with respect and understanding in an adult manner. What's lacking in most of these kids lives is something more basic than academics so if even a bad sports program helps them order their lives so they can really handle academics latter in life to me that's a good thing.

1. What is the purpose of "Inside the Football Factory"?

The purpose of "Inside the Football Factory" is to educate kids about the importance of sports, particularly football, in their lives. It aims to promote a healthy and active lifestyle while also teaching valuable life skills such as teamwork, discipline, and perseverance.

2. How does "Inside the Football Factory" incorporate education into sports?

"Inside the Football Factory" uses football as a means to teach kids about various academic subjects such as math, science, and history. It also includes workshops and seminars that focus on character development and practical skills that can be applied both on and off the field.

3. Is "Inside the Football Factory" only for kids interested in playing football?

No, "Inside the Football Factory" is for all kids, regardless of their interest in football. While the program does use football as a tool for education and development, it also offers activities and lessons that cater to different interests and abilities.

4. How does "Inside the Football Factory" benefit kids in the long run?

The program aims to provide kids with the necessary skills and knowledge to lead a successful and fulfilling life. By promoting a healthy lifestyle, teaching important life skills, and incorporating education into sports, "Inside the Football Factory" helps kids become well-rounded individuals who are prepared for the challenges of the future.

5. How can my child participate in "Inside the Football Factory"?

Parents can enroll their child in the program by contacting the organization or visiting their website. The program is open to all kids, regardless of their background or skill level. There may be fees associated with participation, but scholarships and financial assistance may be available.