Integrate sin(2sinh(3x)): Solutions & Tips

In summary, the conversation discusses the approach to solving the integral of sin(2sinh(3x)) by using a u-substitution with u=3x. The question is raised about how to eliminate the sinh term, and it is noted that it may not have an anti-derivative expressed in elementary functions. The origin of the integral is also mentioned.
anthonybommarito1

Homework Statement

∫sin(2sinh(3x))

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

okay so i did a u substitution letting u=3x so we get 1/3∫sin(2sinh(u)) but i have no idea how to get rid of the sinh, i tried writing in exponential form or maybe i have to use some identity.. I am not sure where to go from there!

Physics news on Phys.org
anthonybommarito1 said:

Homework Statement

∫sin(2sinh(3x))

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

okay so i did a u substitution letting u=3x so we get 1/3∫sin(2sinh(u)) but i have no idea how to get rid of the sinh, i tried writing in exponential form or maybe i have to use some identity.. I am not sure where to go from there!
You should always include the dx or whatever when writing an integral.

It's not clear this integral even has an anti-derivative which can be expressed in terms of elementary functions.

Where does this integral come from?

Related to Integrate sin(2sinh(3x)): Solutions & Tips

1. What is the general approach to integrating sin(2sinh(3x))?

The general approach to integrating sin(2sinh(3x)) involves using the substitution method. This means substituting the variable inside the trigonometric function with a new variable, and then using trigonometric identities and integration techniques to solve the resulting integral.

2. What is the substitution used for integrating sin(2sinh(3x))?

The substitution used for integrating sin(2sinh(3x)) is u = 2sinh(3x). This substitution allows us to simplify the integral and apply trigonometric identities to solve it.

3. How do I simplify the integral sin(2sinh(3x))?

To simplify the integral sin(2sinh(3x)), we can use the identity sin(2x) = 2sin(x)cos(x). This allows us to rewrite the integral as 2sinh(3x)cos(3x), which can then be further simplified using the double angle identity for cosine.

4. What are the limits of integration for integrating sin(2sinh(3x))?

The limits of integration for integrating sin(2sinh(3x)) will depend on the specific problem at hand. Generally, you will be given a definite integral with limits of integration. However, if you are looking for the indefinite integral, there are no limits of integration.

5. Are there any other tips for integrating sin(2sinh(3x))?

One helpful tip for integrating sin(2sinh(3x)) is to remember the Pythagorean identity, sin2(x) + cos2(x) = 1. This can be applied to the integral to help simplify it and make it easier to solve.