Do International Applicants Get Visa Sponsorship and Housing from Intel?

• Other
  • Thread starter Faru2904
  • Start date
Faru2904
I am persuing a degree in physics Well I want to apply to work at intel in US , I want to know if I apply on its website will they provide me with visa sponsorship and accommodation in the us

Physics news on Phys.org
Why not just ask them?

Also, what do you mean by "accomodation" ? Do you expect them to provide you with housing?

phinds said:
Why not just ask them?

Also, what do you mean by "accomodation" ? Do you expect them to provide you with housing?
Yes,

Probably not trolling, just underinformed.

@Faru2904 -- What have you found so far on Intel's website under their "Employment" section?

berkeman said:
Probably not trolling, just underinformed.

@Faru2904 -- What have you found so far on Intel's website under their "Employment" section?
They Accept applications from foreign candidates only when they feel that there's a shortage of skilled workers in us. And there's. Nothing on providing accommodation

If you got hired and they helped you with your Visa/Green Card, I'm pretty sure they would expect you to find your own accommodations on your own, paying for that out of your salary. AFAIK, they do not have such a thing as dormitories or other group living arrangements.

Likes DeBangis21

1. What are the benefits of hiring international job applicants?

Hiring international job applicants can bring a diverse range of perspectives, experiences, and skills to your team. They can also bring a global understanding of different cultures and markets, which can be beneficial for companies with an international presence. Additionally, international job applicants may have unique language abilities and knowledge of foreign markets that can give your company a competitive edge.

2. Are there any legal considerations when hiring international job applicants?

Yes, there are several legal considerations to keep in mind when hiring international job applicants. Employers must ensure that the applicant has a valid work visa or permit to work in the country. It is also important to comply with all labor laws and regulations, including any specific requirements for hiring non-citizens. It may be helpful to consult with an immigration lawyer to ensure compliance with all legal requirements.

3. How can I assess an international job applicant's qualifications and experience?

Assessing an international job applicant's qualifications and experience may require some additional steps. It is important to understand any differences in education systems and credentials between their home country and yours. You may also want to consider conducting a skills assessment or requesting references from previous employers in their home country. It can also be helpful to conduct interviews via video conferencing to get a better understanding of the applicant's communication skills.

4. What are some challenges I may face when hiring international job applicants?

One of the main challenges of hiring international job applicants is the potential language and cultural barriers. This can make communication and integration into the workplace more difficult. Additionally, there may be logistical challenges in terms of obtaining work visas and navigating different legal and regulatory requirements. It is important to be prepared for these challenges and have a plan in place to address them.

5. How can I make the hiring process more inclusive for international job applicants?

To make the hiring process more inclusive for international job applicants, it is important to be aware of any biases or assumptions you may have about their qualifications or abilities. Consider providing resources or accommodations for applicants who may not be familiar with your company's culture or hiring process. You may also want to actively seek out diverse candidates and promote inclusivity in your job postings and recruitment efforts.