Internship for inexperienced students?

In summary, the person is a junior in high school and is planning to take the CHSPE for early entry into a 2-year college. They are looking for possible internships, even in unrelated fields, to gain experience. They mention their goal of becoming a cosmologist and ask if there are any internships available for someone with their lack of experience. They mention that they have checked other forums but found no suitable ones. The expert suggests looking into NASA and national labs such as Fermi and Los Alamos, which offer internships for high school students and sometimes for those in two-year colleges. However, it is unclear if the person would qualify since they will not be a student until the fall.
zw97
Hello. I'm a Junior in Highschool and will be taking the CHSPE for early entry to begin a 2 year college in the fall. Are there any possible internships that someone with my (lack of) experience would be able to apply for? It could be book keeping or something nearly irrelevant so long as I'm working for a business that will give me experience in the field (even a small amount or from a distance.) there didn't seem to be a better forum to post this in. Also, my goal is to become a cosmologist.Sent from my iPhone using Physics Forums

Physics news on Phys.org
I know that NASA and some national labs (Fermi, Los Alamos) have internships for those who are still in high school. Many of them also have internships designed for people in two-year colleges, however I'm not sure that you would qualify since you will not be a student until the fall.

1. What is an internship for inexperienced students?

An internship for inexperienced students is a program designed to provide students with hands-on experience in a professional setting. It allows students to apply their theoretical knowledge in a practical setting, gain new skills, and explore potential career paths.

2. Who is eligible for an internship for inexperienced students?

Generally, any student who is enrolled in a college or university can apply for an internship for inexperienced students. Some companies may also consider high school students or recent graduates. The specific eligibility requirements may vary depending on the company or organization offering the internship.

3. What are the benefits of participating in an internship for inexperienced students?

Participating in an internship for inexperienced students has several benefits, including gaining hands-on experience, building a professional network, developing new skills, and exploring potential career paths. It also looks impressive on a resume and can lead to future job opportunities.

4. How can I find an internship for inexperienced students?

There are several ways to find an internship for inexperienced students. You can start by checking with your college or university's career center, searching online job portals, or reaching out to companies directly. Networking with professionals in your field of interest can also help you find internship opportunities.

5. Is an internship for inexperienced students paid?

Not all internships for inexperienced students are paid. Some may offer a stipend or a small salary, while others may be unpaid. It is essential to consider the benefits and experiences gained from an internship, rather than just the monetary compensation. However, it is always a good idea to inquire about compensation before accepting an internship offer.