Introducing Alex: Exploring Math & Finding a Major

In summary, thakid87 introduces himself as Alex, a student at a community college in Florida who is undecided about his major but enjoys math. He is excited to join the forums and hopes to learn a lot from its members. He also mentions that he often thinks about math even while at work and welcomes help from others. His MSN username is provided for anyone interested in messaging him. He is then hilariously welcomed to the forum with a "fish-slapping" ceremony. Finally, he jokes about members taking his money due to their math skills.
thakid87
This is my formal introduction, I guess. My name is Alex. I'm currently attending a CC here in S. Florida. I'm undecided as far as my major goes, but, as far as I can remember, I've loved numbers. So, it's going to be something math related.

I'm ecstatic to have found these forums as my math skills need to be worked on and, to be honest, I can't stop thinking about it. Even while I am sitting here at work, I find some time to look at some things that I need to work on here and there.

I expect to learn a lot from you guys. Don't let me down!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, thakid87!

A big welcome thakid87. There are many wonderful people here.

What fish do you like, thakid? :smile:

Hi thakid, you'll meet very nice people here on PF.

arildno said:
What fish do you like, thakid? :smile:

Fish? As a delicacy? Or just like in general?

BTW, I'm always stuck bored at work and I can always use some help with math. I always have a bunch of questions...

If you don't mind, shoot me a message once in a while on MSN.

atejada87@gmail.com is my MSN username.

thakid87 said:
Fish? As a delicacy? Or just like in general?

BTW, I'm always stuck bored at work and I can always use some help with math. I always have a bunch of questions...

If you don't mind, shoot me a message once in a while on MSN.

atejada87@gmail.com is my MSN username.

No, instead, I'll smack you in the face with a sardine.

You are now properly a member of PF after the standard fish-slapping ceremony all newbies go through. :smile:

Welcome to PF, thakid87. I'm sure there will be other members in the queue to deliver some extra fish slapping on top of that from arildno!

Haha. I didn't see that coming.

thakid87 said:

Nobody EVER sees it coming :rofl: !

thakid87 said:
Hey again thakid87, I would have warned you about the fish but that would have spoiled the surprise :wink:!

Welcome aboard, Thakid.
I can't handle math myself, but there certainly others here who will give you a run for your money.

Danger said:
Welcome aboard, Thakid.
I can't handle math myself, but there certainly others here who will give you a run for your money.

Hah. The people here will run away with my money. You probably could do the same.

1. What is "Introducing Alex: Exploring Math & Finding a Major"?

"Introducing Alex: Exploring Math & Finding a Major" is a book written by Alex, a mathematician, that explores the world of mathematics and its applications in various fields. It also shares Alex's personal journey in finding a major that combines their love for math with their interests and goals.

2. Who is the target audience for this book?

The target audience for this book is anyone who is interested in math, its applications, and its potential in different career paths. It can be helpful for high school students, college students, or anyone looking to switch careers and explore the world of mathematics.

3. What makes this book different from other math-related books?

This book combines both a personal narrative and informative content about math. It not only explains complex math concepts in an accessible way but also shares the author's personal experiences and insights, making it relatable and engaging for readers.

4. Can this book help me choose a major or career path?

Yes, this book can provide valuable insights and information about various career paths that involve math. It can also help readers understand their own interests and strengths in relation to math and guide them in making informed decisions about their major or future career.

5. Is this book suitable for someone with no background in math?

While some basic understanding of math concepts may be helpful, this book is written in a way that is easy to understand for readers with no or minimal math background. It aims to make math more approachable and interesting for all readers, regardless of their level of knowledge in the subject.