Introducing Ellie Eleanor Frances - 7 lbs 12 oz and 19.5

• Thread starter physics girl phd
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Introducing
In summary, Eleanor Frances (aka. "Ellie") arrived Sunday July 19 at 7:22 PM, weighing 7 pounds 12 ounces, and measuring 19 1/2 inches long. She's astonishingly good, but I think I need to go change a diaper.
physics girl phd
Eleanor Frances (aka. "Ellie") arrived Sunday July 19 at 7:22 PM, weighing 7 pounds 12 ounces, and measuring 19 1/2 inches long.

She's astonishingly good, but I think I need to go change a diaper.

Here's some pics I was attaching before the discovery. (Note: my spouse will want to make the disclaimer that we were NOT asked about the glued-on pink bow):

IMG_0436%20%281%29.JPG

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0430%20%281%29.JPG

IMG_0422%20%281%29.JPG

IMG_0448%20(1).JPG

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
First.

Newborns are so adorable. They look so fragile.

Edit: I forgot to congratulations. So con...ugh, who cares.

A big "welcome" to Ellie. Does she have a PF user-name picked out?

Oh, she's so beautiful...welcome to the world Ellie!

A big congrats, physics "mom" phd...feels a bit odd calling you a girl now, haha. How are you feeling?

And to your hubby: a man becomes a father when he has a son, but when he has a daughter, he becomes a daddy...congrats!

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

I like the pic of the little feet. :biggrin:

Congratulations! That's a cool baby you've got there.

physics girl phd said:
weighing 7 pounds 21 ounces

:confused:

Anyhow, congrats. She's pretty cute for a baby. Most of the ones that I've seen were all red and wrinkly.

Congratulations on the new addition.

physics girl phd said:
weighing 7 pounds 21 ounces, and measuring 19 1/2 inches long.
Physics Baby PhD doesn't come in SI units?

Congratulations !

Congrats! Oh, she is just adorable!

(They glued a bow onto her? WHY?!)

Yes, she is good. That won't last, but in the meantime, enjoy. Congratulations.

Congrats! She's a cutie.

turbo-1 said:
A big "welcome" to Ellie. Does she have a PF user-name picked out?

Physics Baby PF-BLOG is a good idea.

Congratulations on the new addition!

weighing 7 pounds 21 ounces?!

Maybe that's 7 pounds 12 ounces? or 7.75 pounds.

Congrats physics girl phd! :smile:

Danger said:
:confused:

Anyhow, congrats. She's pretty cute for a baby. Most of the ones that I've seen were all red and wrinkly.

Edited my original post to correct the weight... it was hard to type with one hand when Ellie was being held in my right arm (especially since I'm not a leftie)!

Eleanor is a beautiful name, hopefully she will follow in her mother's foot steps.

Welcome to the world, Eleanor.

Congratulations to you and your family, physics girl phd. She's absolutely gorgeous and wonderfully strong looking. You are all very, very lucky to have each other.

(Moonbear, I'll guess and say that the bow could maybe how they differentiate male and female babies on the ward. Although to what end, I don't know. But I've seen pink and blue jammies and pink and blue headbands and pink and blue blankets. Or, I could be totally wrong.)

Yes, I could understand having pink and blue blankets, though, I'm not sure why they need to differentiate the boys from girls in the ward since it's far more important to know which baby belongs to which mom, and you'd know the sex of the baby as soon as you're doing a diaper change. But, it was more the comment that they "glued" the bow to her head that puzzled me. Maybe Physics Girl was just exaggerating on that point, and it was just clipped into her hair (though, makes me wonder...did the boys have blue bows? :rofl:)

How perfect and sweet! Welcome to the world, Miss Ellie. I hope your life will bring you great happiness and many opportunities to do grand things, as well as many little good things.

Oh yeah -- and that bow's STILL stuck on there. Babies aren't supposed to really get washed except every several days since they have such delicate skin, so Ellie's probably going to get her first home bath tomorrow or Saturday. (And note: although they say new babies are sweet smelling... as beautiful as I do think Ellie is, I also think she's a bit stinky... 7 poops today alone, and the milk GAS! I guess that means she''s getting well fed though!)

Yeah, those hot glue guns are GREAT! :rofl: That bow will probably NEVER fall out!

Beautiful baby girl you have there, PG Doc. She looks so sweet I just want to kiss her soft little cheeks. :!) Maybe I'll wait for that "sweet baby smell" to return. :rofl:

Congratulations physics girl phd! When will Ellie have her first contact with radio astronomy?

I hope that Ellie the elegant remains in the pink! With your play-by-play, I am learning practical things about a newborn I never had known. Thanks for your unselfish sharing of a miracle. (Some good friends of mine will be celebrating their twin's first birthday in a week. Wow.)

She looks like a perfect baby girl. All your PF Aunties and Uncles are so proud of her, and you too!

Congratulations! A little girl to go with your boys, how sweet! I hope you are getting rest. How are you doing?

How amazing! Congratulations! Welcome Eleanor or Ellie- both beautiful names!

fuzzyfelt said:
How amazing! Congratulations! Welcome Eleanor or Ellie- both beautiful names!

I was pushing for Elwood if the ultrasound had been wrong. :smile:

Jake and Elwood if it had been very, very wrong? :smile:

fuzzyfelt said:
Jake and Elwood if it had been very, very wrong? :smile:

:rofl: What great names for twin boys!

Math Is Hard said:
:rofl: What great names for twin boys!
"What kinds of music do you have here?" "Both kinds! Country and Western." :rofl:

turbo-1 said:
"What kinds of music do you have here?" "Both kinds! Country and Western." :rofl:

They'd have a great leitmotif :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Now to think of something original to say: Oh! It's so cute!

...You know, it's never too early to teach her 1 and 2d kinematic equations. I mean she is going to be swinging and what not one day. Could come in handy. :shy:

Congrats! :!)

Okay... enough with the cuteness. Let's get on to the breastfeeding photos...
I don't belong to this site just for the intellectual stimulation.

Danger said:
I don't belong to this site just for the intellectual stimulation.
I read the articles.

Back