Introducing Myself: Learning About the Universe

In summary: The world will not end because you didn't raise it. In summary, CosmicEye is an expert at math and physics who is also interested in cosmology and the universe. He loves discussing theories and facts with others, and is excited to learn more about the site. He recommends doing a forum search before posting to make sure you are using the right section.
CosmicEye
Hi there all.

I have had the deepest desire since I was a kid to learn about the Universe is and the place we live in. Now that I am grown up, I am studying the math and sciences that we as a human race have developed to help explain everything. I love to hear about all the theories and facts out there as well as the weirdest and common phenomena that we have yet to even begin to understand. I love thinking of the inner workings of stars and galaxies, dark matter and energy, and the pure awesome power that the Universe can deliver. I consider myself somewhat philisophical, always asking questions of why and how, and always question anything new in order to study and understand it, or other possibilities from something we may think we understand.

I am currently in a reputable Community College and plan to transfer to somewhere in Virginia. I would love to go to UMD, but that is unfortunatley out of state with a cost a bit out of my price range. Currently I am just studying General Physics and the beginnings of Calculus.

I didn't know exactly where to post but I thought the Gen Chat would be acceptable. I think I will mostly be in the Astronomy and Cosmology sections of this forum, as well as Physics and Math, and most importantly homework parts of couse. I hope to gather lots of information from this busy looking forum and meet new people. See you guys around.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

We have a tradition here, in which newcomers have to tell us what their favorite fish is. :smile:

Welcome CosmicEye.

And be careful about the fish thing. I'd recommend doing a forum search before replying...

jtbell said:
Welcome to PF!

We have a tradition here, in which newcomers have to tell us what their favorite fish is. :smile:

berkeman said:
Welcome CosmicEye.

And be careful about the fish thing. I'd recommend doing a forum search before replying...

Oh please... Berkeman is just a scaremonger. Tell us... what's your favorite fish?

Welcome CosmicEye! :smile:

I'm sure you'll love it here!

Don't listen to Berkeman though, just give us a nice, large fish.

Hmm I am scared to find out but sure.. I guess Ill go with a good slice of catfish.

CosmicEye said:
Hmm I am scared to find out but sure.. I guess Ill go with a good slice of catfish.

So be it

*Slaps CosmicEye with a HUGE catfish*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzzUalRxG8o

haha. Let's just say I was thinking of something more inapropriate...

Thanks for the welcome

Introductions

Howdy!

It appears that I am required to do an introduction.
I am a bit autistic. My thought patterns don't follow the norm.
I have been inventing things since I was age seven, and my first was a perpetual motion car. My second was a cypher that out grew me. Now it has evolved into an optical computer language with 100 billion characters. It takes way too long to explain.

I wish I knew somebody who did marketing.
I could show you a simple way to raise the Titanic.

Loki Prankster said:
It appears that I am required to do an introduction.
Nope.
Loki Prankster said:
I wish I knew somebody who did marketing.
I could show you a simple way to raise the Titanic.

I say leave the Titanic in peace.

1. What is "Introducing Myself: Learning About the Universe"?

"Introducing Myself: Learning About the Universe" is a course designed to introduce individuals to the fascinating world of astronomy and cosmology. It covers topics such as the history of the universe, the formation of planets, and the search for extraterrestrial life.

2. Who is this course intended for?

This course is intended for anyone with an interest in astronomy and the universe, regardless of their scientific background. It is suitable for beginners as well as those with some prior knowledge in the subject.

3. How is the course structured?

The course is divided into modules, each focusing on a different aspect of the universe. Within each module, there are video lectures, reading materials, and interactive activities to help reinforce learning. There are also quizzes and assignments to assess understanding.

4. Are there any prerequisites for this course?

No, there are no specific prerequisites for this course. However, a basic understanding of scientific concepts and a curiosity about the universe will be beneficial.

5. Is this course only available for scientists or academics?

No, this course is open to anyone who is interested in learning about the universe. It is designed to be accessible and engaging for individuals from all backgrounds and levels of scientific knowledge.