Is Apple Music causing storage issues on iPhones?

In summary, the conversation is about a person experiencing problems with their local storage on their iPhone after downloading Apple Music. The issue also affects their music files. They are advised that the problem could be due to other items taking up their storage, but this is not the case. It is later discovered that Apple Music has duplicated the person's music storage, causing their storage to become full. The person resolves the issue by turning off the Apple Music option, which erases the duplicated downloads. They can now re-add their music without worrying about duplicates.
Feeble Wonk
Is anyone else having problems with local storage on their iPhones after downloading Apple Music? I'm not even talking about the problems with my music files... which also is an issue. But my local storage has become so depleted that I can't even do basic app updates.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Perhaps you have used up your local storage with other things like pictures, apps, etc?

No, but thanks for trying. I think I figured it out. The Apple Music program appears to have doubled my music storage for any songs I already had in my local library, in that it also stored the "Apple Match" version of the song in addition to my original.
Not sure why it didn't just replace the original song. But I'm glad it didn't, as that might caused a DMR problem for songs I'd ripped from CDs. Of course... I owned ALL of them. [emoji51]
I fixed the problem by toggling off the Apple Music option, which erased all of those downloads. I can re-add the music as I want, but have to make sure it doesn't download existing music.

1. What are some common problems with Apple Music?

Some common problems with Apple Music include issues with syncing music, songs disappearing from playlists, and unexpected crashes or freezes.

2. Why is my Apple Music not playing songs?

There could be several reasons why Apple Music is not playing songs, such as a poor internet connection, outdated software, or a problem with your Apple Music subscription.

3. How do I fix Apple Music not working on my device?

To fix Apple Music not working on your device, you can try restarting your device, updating your software, or signing out and back into your Apple Music account. If the problem persists, you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance.

4. Why is my Apple Music library not syncing?

If your Apple Music library is not syncing, it could be due to a poor internet connection, outdated software, or a problem with your iCloud Music Library settings. Make sure you are connected to a strong internet connection and try updating your software and checking your iCloud Music Library settings.

5. How do I cancel my Apple Music subscription?

To cancel your Apple Music subscription, go to your Apple Music settings and select "Cancel Subscription." You can also cancel through your Apple ID account settings. Keep in mind that you will lose access to all Apple Music content and features once your subscription is canceled.