Is it possible to create mass on four springs (in Simscape Multibody software)?

In summary, the conversation discusses an issue with simulating a mass on four springs in Simscape Multibody. The program writes an error due to the mass being tied to the springs, leading to incorrect simulation. The solution is to use a rigid body instead of a mass, which can be achieved using the Rigid Transform block in the Simscape Multibody Block Library.
Andrey Burian
TL;DR Summary
Mass on four springs (Simscape Multibody)
Dear Community,
I just started to master Simscape Multibody and at the moment I'm trying to simulate mass on four springs. However, when I build parallel connections, the program writes an error, for obvious reasons, because the mass is tied to the spring, and when the spring moves, the mass also moves. It is necessary to somehow fix the mass relative to the base and substitute four springs into its corners. I would appreciate any help on this issue. Is it really possible to do? Mass-damper system is implemented as follows:
1570819341509.png

1570818926578.png

Then I tried to add the spring into the corner of the mass, nothing worked of course. I understand that the approach is incorrect, but what is correct then...
1570819468043.png

Thank you

Attachments

• 1570819054335.png
    1570819054335.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 1570819399250.png
    1570819399250.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
in advance!The correct approach to achieving what you are looking for is to use a rigid body rather than a mass. A rigid body acts like a fixed object, which means that when you connect the springs to it, the body will not move with the springs. To create a rigid body, use the Simscape Multibody Block Library and search for the Rigid Transform block. This block should provide the functionality you need.

1. Can mass be added to four springs in Simscape Multibody software?

Yes, it is possible to add mass to four springs in Simscape Multibody software. The software allows users to create and simulate complex mechanical systems, including systems with multiple springs and masses.

2. How do I add mass to four springs in Simscape Multibody software?

To add mass to four springs in Simscape Multibody software, you will need to create a multibody model and add four spring blocks to it. Then, you can specify the mass and other parameters for each spring block to create the desired mass on the four springs.

3. Is it difficult to create mass on four springs in Simscape Multibody software?

The difficulty of creating mass on four springs in Simscape Multibody software will depend on your level of experience with the software. If you are familiar with the software and its capabilities, it should not be too difficult. However, if you are new to the software, it may take some time to learn how to use it effectively.

4. Can I simulate the behavior of the four springs with added mass in Simscape Multibody software?

Yes, Simscape Multibody software allows users to simulate the behavior of mechanical systems, including those with multiple springs and masses. You can specify the initial conditions and inputs for the simulation and observe the response of the four springs with added mass.

5. Are there any limitations to creating mass on four springs in Simscape Multibody software?

There may be some limitations to creating mass on four springs in Simscape Multibody software, such as the maximum number of springs and masses that can be simulated or the complexity of the system. It is important to check the system requirements and capabilities of the software before attempting to create a model with four springs and added mass.