Is Money the Key to Website Success?

• Thread starter MinnesotaState
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Websites
In summary: It's definitely worth putting in the time and effort to make a website that people will love. Excellent advice. It's definitely worth putting in the time and effort to make a website that people will love.
MinnesotaState
So I'm sick of working at a department store:biggrin:

$30/week is sufficient

Physics news on Phys.org
MinnesotaState said:
So I'm sick of working at a department store:biggrin:

$30/week is sufficient

What does this have to do with owning websites? :)

Greg Bernhardt said:

Everything!... *hiccups*

:tongue:

Greg Bernhardt said:

Well I kind of figured if I can make $30/week off a website or two, then I can quit my job. That'd leave me with more time to study.

MinnesotaState said:
Well I kind of figured if I can make $30/week off a website or two, then I can quit my job. That'd leave me with more time to study.

It's very possible, good luck!

It takes time but once you get things started you can make multiples of 30 bucks/week.
Also think of unique and useful stuff that binds visitors so they come back every time.

Rule 1 don't rush it nor underestimate the work you need to put in at first. The earnings can take a while to start.

owned: 2
income generated: $0

If you really think the NUMBER of websites someone owns has anything to do with income, you are well on your way to failure.

phinds said:
If you really think the NUMBER of websites someone owns has anything to do with income, you are well on your way to failure.

"how many websites do you own" is a lot more catchy than "how much are you making on your website"

MinnesotaState said:
"how many websites do you own" is a lot more catchy than "how much are you making on your website"

maybe but as said ... that's NOT what brings the income
I have 2 www sites neither are income earning, they were'nt intended to be

you only need ONE GOOD online shop site to be successful

Dave

MinnesotaState said:

Maybe, maybe not, but the two have nothing to do with each other so you need to decide which question you actually want answered.

I put a lot of time into making a website to host the computer games I've created this summer. I've gotten almost no visitors and have made $0. (If you want to check it out, the URL is http://clintonmorrison.com :biggrin: )

Regardless of earnings I think it is definitely fun to run a website, even if it doesn't make any money. It's definitely worth trying! I imagine it takes quite a while for it to become profitable.

clint222 said:
Regardless of earnings I think it is definitely fun to run a website, even if it doesn't make any money. It's definitely worth trying! I imagine it takes quite a while for it to become profitable.

Rule #1 for making a successful website: don't do it for money :)

Greg Bernhardt said:
Rule #1 for making a successful website: don't do it for money :)

Excellent advice.

1. How do you define "owning" a website?

Owning a website typically refers to having full administrative control and ownership of a domain name and its associated content. This means being able to make changes, updates, and decisions about the website's design, content, and functionality.

2. Do subdomains count as separate websites?

It depends on how you define "website." Subdomains are technically separate entities from the main domain, but they are often considered part of the same website. Some people may choose to count subdomains as separate websites, while others may not.

3. How do you keep track of all the websites you own?

There are various methods for keeping track of multiple websites. Some people use spreadsheets or other organizational tools, while others may use website management software or services. It ultimately depends on personal preference and the number of websites being managed.

4. Is there a limit to the number of websites one person can own?

No, there is no limit to the number of websites one person can own. However, managing a large number of websites can become time-consuming and overwhelming, so it's important to consider one's capabilities and resources before owning too many websites.

5. Are there any legal or ethical considerations when owning multiple websites?

Yes, there are several legal and ethical considerations to keep in mind when owning multiple websites. These may include copyright infringement, privacy laws, and website accessibility. It's important to research and comply with all relevant laws and regulations to avoid any legal or ethical issues.