Is the Velocity of the Grapple Accurate Using Jacobian's Transformation?

• Thread starter kinfo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Velocity
In summary, the conversation discusses the problem of estimating the velocity of a manipulator's grapple using Jacobian's transformation. The speakers also discuss the orientation of the coordinate system and the process of estimating r and h. One speaker expresses difficulty in understanding the solution and asks for clarification. The other speaker offers to help but expresses doubt about the nature of the problem. The conversation concludes with a request for explanation and a mention of a full solution.
kinfo
Hello!
I have some problems with geometry/kinematics, therefore i require in your help. :nb)
I need to estimate the velocity of manipulator's grapple.
I have found one solution (with the use of Jacobian's transformation), but i don't know, right it or wrong. Let's check together :wink:
Maybe existing is an easier one, or laconic etc.
Thx!
In order:
First step. Verification of the scheme. About the xyz axes. Why y-axis isn't perpendicular with z? What is a type of coordinate system?

Attachments

• man1.png
    man1.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 382
Engineering news on Phys.org
kinfo said:
Why y-axis isn't perpendicular with z?

Is is perpendicular. That drawing is the best you can do with 3 perpendicular axes depicted on 2D paper.

anorlunda said:
Is is perpendicular. That drawing is the best you can do with 3 perpendicular axes depicted on 2D paper.
Thx. Great!
Then we can go forward)
Second step: estimate r and h.
h = L1+ L2*sinθ2+D1*cosθ2+(L3+d)*sin(θ2+θ3)+D2*sin(θ2+θ3)
r = L2*cosθ2 - D1*sinθ2+(L3+d)*cos(θ2+θ3)-D2*sin(θ2+θ3)
I don't understand, how it was deduced. Can you explain me on the aforementioned picture?
I must trace it by triangles? But how?
Thx.

This is starting to sound like a schoolwork assignment...

berkeman said:
This is starting to sound like a schoolwork assignment...
No-no)
It is not schoolwork) I think, that schoolboys don't learn theoretical mechanics and Jacobian's transformation)))
I have a big problem with it, cause i have an other specialization (i can't know all :sorry:)... but i must to do it(
So, can you help me with it?

Why:
h = L1+ L2*sinθ2+D1*cosθ2+(L3+d)*sin(θ2+θ3)+D2*sin(θ2+θ3)
r = L2*cosθ2 - D1*sinθ2+(L3+d)*cos(θ2+θ3)-D2*sin(θ2+θ3)?
How i must to trace the picture? Like this?

P.S. I have a full solution, but i want to understand.

Attachments

• man2.png
    man2.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
Sirs and Mesdames, no ideas too? :headbang:

Related to Is the Velocity of the Grapple Accurate Using Jacobian's Transformation?

What is the velocity of the grapple?

The velocity of the grapple refers to the speed at which the grapple is moving. It is typically measured in meters per second (m/s) or kilometers per hour (km/h).

How is the velocity of the grapple calculated?

The velocity of the grapple can be calculated by dividing the distance it travels by the time it takes to travel that distance. This is known as the average velocity formula: velocity = distance/time.

What factors can affect the velocity of the grapple?

The velocity of the grapple can be affected by several factors, including the force applied to the grapple, the weight of the grapple, air resistance, and friction on the surface it is moving on.

Why is the velocity of the grapple important?

The velocity of the grapple is important because it helps determine how quickly the grapple can reach its target and how much force it will exert upon impact. It is also a key factor in calculating the energy and momentum of the grapple.

How can the velocity of the grapple be increased?

The velocity of the grapple can be increased by increasing the force applied to it, reducing its weight, minimizing air resistance, and reducing friction on the surface it is moving on. Additionally, using a more efficient and streamlined design for the grapple can also increase its velocity.