Is There a New Code Format for Writing Equations on Physics Forums?

• Thread starter Diracobama2181
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Writing
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of a new code format for writing equations on a forum. The user mentions their usual method of using $$ or ##, but it no longer seems to work. They then share an example of the issue and confirm that it works when posted. The conversation ends with a note about a known problem with previewing LaTeX on the forum.
Diracobama2181
Is there a new code format for writing equations here? I usually use $$ or ## to delineated code, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well let's see:

Code:
## \left[i\hbar\partial_t - H\right]\Psi = 0## $$ \left[i\hbar\partial_t - H\right]\Psi = 0$$
... comes out as: ## \left[i\hbar\partial_t - H\right]\Psi = 0## $$ \left[i\hbar\partial_t - H\right]\Psi = 0$$
... looks OK in preview, now to post so you can see:

Note: if you make a mistake in the TeX, it won't render.

Likes mcastillo356 and Diracobama2181
Simon Bridge said:
Well let's see:

Code:
## \left[i\hbar\partial_t - H\right]\Psi = 0## $$ \left[i\hbar\partial_t - H\right]\Psi = 0$$
... comes out as: ## \left[i\hbar\partial_t - H\right]\Psi = 0## $$ \left[i\hbar\partial_t - H\right]\Psi = 0$$
... looks OK in preview, now to post so you can see:

Note: if you make a mistake in the TeX, it won't render.
Thank you, this works. The math script just wasn't working when I tried previewing it in the homework forums, but worked when I actually posted it.

What is the definition of "trouble writing equations"?

Trouble writing equations refers to difficulty or challenges in accurately and effectively representing a mathematical relationship or problem using symbols and mathematical notation.

What are some common reasons for experiencing trouble writing equations?

Some common reasons for trouble writing equations include lack of understanding of the underlying mathematical concepts, difficulty translating word problems into mathematical expressions, and errors in mathematical calculations or notation.

How can I improve my ability to write equations?

Practice and familiarity with mathematical concepts and notation can help improve your ability to write equations. It can also be helpful to break down complex problems into smaller, more manageable steps and to seek guidance from teachers or tutors.

What are some strategies for avoiding mistakes when writing equations?

One strategy is to carefully double-check your work and calculations for accuracy. It can also be helpful to use clear and consistent notation and to clearly label and define all variables and symbols used in the equation.

Are there any resources or tools available to assist with writing equations?

Yes, there are many resources and tools available to assist with writing equations, such as online equation editors, math software programs, and textbooks or study guides specifically focused on mathematical notation and problem-solving. It can also be beneficial to seek help and guidance from teachers, tutors, or peers.