Is there any physicists i could email?

In summary, you can email a physicist for free and their email address can usually be found on their university or research institute's website. You can ask them about any topic related to their field of expertise, but they may not be able to answer very specific or complex questions. It is appropriate to email them even if you are not a scientist and response times may vary depending on the individual physicist's workload.
veronicap
I have so many questions about the universe so if there are any physicists(with a degree) i could email please tell me.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
You should get books and read, or post your questions one at a time here on this forum.

Likes berkeman
veronicap said:
I have so many questions about the universe so if there are any physicists(with a degree) i could email please tell me.

Welcome to the PF.

For privacy and anti-phishing reasons, personal contact requests like this are not allowed here. Please follow phinds' advice. :smile:

Related to Is there any physicists i could email?

1. Can I email a physicist for free?

Yes, you can email a physicist for free. Many physicists are more than happy to answer questions and share their knowledge with others.

2. How do I find a physicist's email address?

You can start by searching for the physicist's name on their university or research institute's website. You can also try searching for their name on professional networking sites like LinkedIn. If you have a specific question or topic in mind, you can also reach out to relevant organizations or societies and ask for recommendations.

3. What type of questions can I ask a physicist via email?

You can ask a physicist about any topic related to their field of expertise. This could include questions about their research, theories, experiments, or even career advice. However, keep in mind that they may not be able to answer very specific or complex questions via email.

4. Is it appropriate to email a physicist if I am not a scientist myself?

Yes, it is perfectly fine to email a physicist even if you are not a scientist. They are often happy to share their knowledge and educate others about their field of study.

5. How long does it usually take for a physicist to respond to an email?

It depends on the individual physicist and their workload. Some may respond within a few hours or days, while others may take longer. If you have not received a response after a week or so, it is appropriate to send a polite follow-up email.