Is there any software that can make a window which has dedicated cursor?

In summary, you're looking for software that will create a window with a dedicated cursor, something like a virtual machine. You're also looking for a way to control the game cursor without using the "main" cursor.
Astalavista
TL;DR Summary
Is there any software that can make a window which has dedicated cursor? Something like virtual machines.
Hello, I'm searching for software that can make me another window which has it's own cursor and can launch app or game in it. Something like virtual machine. I'm making macro for games and I want the macro to work on second desktop, without using my cursor.

Technology news on Phys.org
It seems you're looking for a launcher app where you can define an icon to click on to launch a game.

One way is a directory window configured to display icons for the executables in the directory.

What OS are you using?

I'm currently using windows 10.

Astalavista said:
Summary:: Is there any software that can make a window which has dedicated cursor? Something like virtual machines.

I'm searching for software that can make me another window which has it's own cursor
What do you mean by "its own cursor"? What pointing device will you use that is separate from the main Win10 mouse cursor? And do you want to be able to use two different pointing devices at the same time (one in the game window, and one in the general Win10 context?

Yes, that will be only on that window.

So do you have two mice connected to this Win10 PC? How do you distinguish between them? Or will it be a game console/controller that will control the game window?

No I don't have 2 mouse connected to the windows 10, I tried it and it was bugged. I want just second cursor which could operate separately on second desktop or window.

Astalavista said:
No I don't have 2 mouse connected to the windows 10, I tried it and it was bugged. I want just second cursor which could operate separately on second desktop or window.
Windows O.S. creates a single cursor on the screen. Period.

I have two mice connected to my Windows computer, one wireless, the other wired. Either or both at the same time will control the cursor but there is only one, and CAN BE only one, cursor.

So the Virtual Machine is the only option yes?

For two independent cursors, controlled by two independent mice,
(akin to a "display that can support multi-touch"?)...

https://www.google.com/search?q=two+independent+mouses+on+one+computer+windows+10
https://www.google.com/search?q=two+independent+mice+on+one+computer+windows+1

https://mousemux.com/

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/install-multiple-mouse-and-keyboard-on-one-computer/What isn't clear is how the game cursor being controlled
if it's not using the "main" cursor? Do you have another controller?

It seems you need some software driver that manages a second cursor (not controlled by the system mouse),
possibly using an alternative controller (like a wii remote, other bluetooth device, or even a webcam... or possibly a mouse if Windows can be told that some other software is managing it).

Here's something I found (not sure if it works)
https://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/77685-second-cursor-controlled-via-second-mouse/

UPDATE:
https://github.com/Snoothy/UCR
https://sourceforge.net/projects/vjoystick/

Last edited:
Likes sysprog
Game cursor would be controlled by a Macro when i make it.

phinds said:
I have two mice connected to my Windows computer, one wireless, the other wired. Either or both at the same time will control the cursor but there is only one, and CAN BE only one, cursor.
So you don't still have teenage kids at home, I'm guessing? I know what havoc I could create as a kid sneaking up behind my parent with their wireless mouse and messing with them... :smile:

• Haha
Likes anorlunda
Astalavista said:
No, you're talking about software. You need separate hardware.

Astalavista said:
What "Macro"? Can you be more specific? What language will it be written in?

Macro would be made in JITBIT, some scripts there can be written in c#. It should just register my key presses and clicks at certain coordinates. Buuut it uses my main cursor to do it which is the reason I'm asking for help.

Are both cursers moving at the same time?
If so, what controls them other than two hardware mice?
If not, what is the reason to have two? Why can't you just have the software change the focus of interest for the one curser?
If you have a program that only needs the curser for brief clicks, you can store the location, grab it and change the focus, click what you want, and put it back in the original location. That can be done in the blink of an eye.

Last edited:
How about VLC into another computer? So that on screen you have your cursor controlled by the local mouse and within the vnc window you have the mouse controlled by the other computer.

1. Is there any software that can make a window with a dedicated cursor?

Yes, there are several software programs available that allow for the creation of a window with a dedicated cursor. Some examples include Microsoft Visual Studio, Adobe Photoshop, and Unity.

2. What is a dedicated cursor?

A dedicated cursor is a customized cursor that is specific to a particular window or program. It can be designed to have a unique shape, color, or animation to enhance the user's experience.

3. How do I create a dedicated cursor in my window?

To create a dedicated cursor in your window, you can use a software program that allows for cursor customization. This typically involves selecting the desired cursor design and then assigning it to your window or program.

4. Can I use a custom image as a dedicated cursor?

Yes, many software programs allow for the use of custom images as dedicated cursors. You can either import an existing image or create your own custom cursor using graphics software.

5. Are dedicated cursors only for aesthetic purposes?

No, dedicated cursors can also serve functional purposes. For example, they can be used to indicate a specific action or state in a program, such as a loading or waiting cursor. They can also be used to improve accessibility for users with visual impairments.