Is there or has there been a board or thread discussing Nanotechnology.

In summary, the conversation is about nanotechnology and its latest developments. The speaker is interested in topics such as programmable nanobots, materials developed, and potential uses. They mention a sci-fi book that sparked their interest and ask for information or resources on the subject. They also mention some specific areas of research, such as molecular sized gears and tiny energy sources. They provide links to government and non-profit organizations that focus on nanotechnology research.
Amp1
:cool: Hey ya'll,

I was wondering, if there anyone has discussed topics dealing with nanotechnology. For instance, what are the latests developments, how far has the cutting edge advanced, aside from sensors is there reasearchlooking into programable nanobots, what sorts of materials have been developed, ect?

If anyone works in the field or just follows the literature, please holla back. I've started getting an interest since reading a sci-fi book by J. Carver 'From a changling star.' It showcases some amazing things with respect to nanotechnology.

I've heard about the promise that nanotubes hold for ultra strong materials and how buckyballs and other manipulations with the sphereical form of the carbon molecule has shown novel properties.

What else is out there? I've seen designs for molecular sized gears, rotors and levers. I know there are tiny energy sources available to provide power. So, what's on the horizon? :cool:

Computer science news on Phys.org
Come on, somebody must have some info! Is the info classified or sumtin'?

http://www.nano.gov/html/research/home_research.html

http://www.foresight.org/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Plum

It looks like no one wants to discuss nano tech though.

There is a forum on this subject at "diffusion in polymers platform".

Related to Is there or has there been a board or thread discussing Nanotechnology.

1. Is nanotechnology a new field of study?

No, nanotechnology has been around for decades and has been studied in various forms by scientists and researchers in different fields.

2. Can nanotechnology be used in everyday products?

Yes, nanotechnology is already used in many consumer products such as sunscreens, clothing, and electronics. It has the potential to be used in even more products in the future.

3. Are there any potential risks associated with nanotechnology?

Like any emerging technology, there are potential risks associated with nanotechnology. However, extensive research and regulations are in place to minimize these risks and ensure the safe use of nanotechnology.

4. How is nanotechnology being used in the medical field?

Nanotechnology has a wide range of applications in medicine, including drug delivery, imaging, and tissue engineering. It has the potential to revolutionize the way we diagnose and treat diseases.

5. What are the future implications of nanotechnology?

The possibilities of nanotechnology are endless and continue to expand as research and development progresses. It has the potential to greatly impact various industries, including medicine, energy, and electronics.