Is this Spring Schedule Too Difficult?

In summary: I don't know if this will make the class more difficult.In summary, Austin is taking a difficult load but it's doable with enough dedication.
sheldonrocks97
Gold Member
Hello everyone,

I am currently picking my classes for spring semester. This is currently my second semester at university and I am a dual major of EE and Math.

Here is my schedule:

ES 332-02 3 Electrical Engineering (Essentially Circuits I)

ENGL 311-01 3 Creative Writing

MATH 352-01 3 Basic Concepts of Math

MATH 382-01 3 Probability and Statistics

MATH 382L-01 1 Probability and Statistics Lab

MENG 189-01 1 Robotics

Total: 14 Credit Hours

I know I have a couple of challenging classes so I was wondering if all of this is too much to handle. If you have any questions let me know and I will answer them.

Thanks!,

Austin

Physics news on Phys.org
That looks like normal. If anything 14 credits is on the lower end. Do you have any more easy general ed to get out of the way?

TheKracken said:
Do you have any more easy general ed to get out of the way?

Nope. However, I've decided not to take circuits next semester due to it being geared toward non majors. I now have decided to take a Materials Engineering class as a mandatory engineering elective. That bumps me up to 15 credits.

At my university this semester, I am taking courses worth 19.5 credits.

PHY 205 Statistical Mechanics
PHY 408 Advanced Quantum Mechanics
PHY 307 Physics Lab III

CSE 220 Data Structures
CSE 321 Operating Systems
CSE 330 Numerical Methods
CSE 340 Computer Architecture

That sounds like a lot, but it's manageable if you're willing to burn the midnight oil four times a week. :)

failexam said:
At my university this semester, I am taking courses worth 19.5 credits.

PHY 205 Statistical Mechanics
PHY 408 Advanced Quantum Mechanics
PHY 307 Physics Lab III

CSE 220 Data Structures
CSE 321 Operating Systems
CSE 330 Numerical Methods
CSE 340 Computer Architecture

That sounds like a lot, but it's manageable if you're willing to burn the midnight oil four times a week. :)
Wow, nice. And I thought I was taking a tough load:

Quantum mechanics (second sem of pchem)
Probability and statistics (theory) - graduate level, I don't know if this will make the class more difficult.
Process analytical chemistry
introduction to material science
Polymers

For a total of 16... I took the first semester of pchem this semester, which was basically statistical mechanics/thermodynamics viewed at the molecular level.

1. Is this Spring Schedule Too Difficult?

The difficulty of a spring schedule can vary depending on the courses, workload, and individual student's abilities. It is important to carefully consider your strengths and weaknesses before making a decision.

2. How can I determine if a spring schedule is too difficult for me?

One way to determine if a spring schedule is too difficult for you is to look at the course descriptions, syllabi, and past student reviews. This will give you an idea of the course material and workload. Additionally, you can speak with an academic advisor or peers who have taken similar courses to get their insights.

3. What are some signs that a spring schedule may be too difficult?

Some signs that a spring schedule may be too difficult include feeling overwhelmed, struggling to keep up with coursework, and consistently receiving low grades. It is important to pay attention to these signs and address any concerns with your professors or academic advisor.

4. Can I still succeed if I take a challenging spring schedule?

Yes, it is possible to succeed even with a challenging spring schedule. It may require extra effort and time management skills, but with determination and proper support, you can overcome any difficulties and achieve your goals.

5. Is it better to have a challenging spring schedule or an easier one?

The answer to this question depends on your personal academic goals and preferences. Some students may thrive in challenging courses and benefit from the rigor, while others may prefer a lighter workload to maintain a balance between academics and other commitments. Ultimately, it is important to find a balance that works for you and supports your academic success.