Is this the fastest memory of this motherboard?

• Thread starter Kutt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Memory
In summary, the conversation discusses the speed and compatibility of memory for the MSI Big Bang Mpower Z77 motherboard. While the individual originally considered a simple Corsair Vengeance kit, they came across a 2133MHz cl9 kit specifically designed for their motherboard. This kit boasts impressive speed and is great for overclocking, as well as having visually appealing blue LED lights. The conversation ends with the individual expressing interest in purchasing the memory for their build.
Kutt
Is this the fastest memory for the MSI BIg Bang Mpower Z77 motherboard?

I was thinking of just getting a simple kit of 16GB of Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz, but then I saw this.

Evidently this memory kit was specifically designed for the motherboard I plan to get. 2133MHz cl9 is blistering fast and great for overclocking! Plus it has neat-looking blue LED lights.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ST0DV4427

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org

1. What is the fastest memory type supported by this motherboard?

The fastest memory type supported by a motherboard depends on the specific model and manufacturer. Some common types include DDR4, DDR5, and GDDR6. It is important to check the motherboard's specifications to determine the supported memory type.

2. How do I determine the maximum memory speed of my motherboard?

The maximum memory speed of a motherboard can usually be found in the motherboard's manual or on the manufacturer's website. It is also possible to check the BIOS settings or use third-party software to determine the maximum memory speed.

3. Can I use memory with a higher speed than what is recommended for my motherboard?

It is not recommended to use memory with a higher speed than what is recommended for your motherboard. This can cause instability and may not be supported by the motherboard's chipset. It is best to stick with the recommended memory speed to ensure optimal performance.

4. How does the memory speed affect the overall performance of my computer?

The memory speed can have a significant impact on the overall performance of your computer. Higher memory speeds can result in faster data transfer, better multitasking capabilities, and improved performance in memory-intensive tasks such as gaming or video editing.

5. Is it worth upgrading to faster memory for my motherboard?

Whether it is worth upgrading to faster memory for your motherboard depends on your current memory speed and your specific computer needs. If you frequently use memory-intensive applications or notice a significant lag in your computer's performance, it may be worth upgrading to faster memory. However, if you are satisfied with your current performance, it may not be necessary to upgrade.