Is Wolfram Alpha Wrong About This Infinite Sum?

In summary, the conversation discusses a math problem involving a sum and the value of pi. The speaker mentions trying to solve the problem and receiving a result from Wolfram Alpha. They question whether Wolfram Alpha's result is correct or if the book has a mistake. The speaker then suggests a possible solution to the problem and concludes that the book does indeed have a mistake.
MAGNIBORO
Hi, I'm reading a book of math and in one page says:
$$\sum_{n=2}^{\infty }\frac{3^n-1}{4^n}\zeta (n+1)=\pi$$
I tried to solve this,as I could not solved I requested to wolfram alpha and told me that this sum is
approximately equal to 2.319125.
https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=sum+2+to+infinity+(3^k-1)/4^k+zeta(k+1)
so i do not know if wolfram alpha is wrong or the book have a mistake and I like to know which is wrong.i tried some other values and the most proximate to pi is minus gamma, but I not quite shure and wolfram alpha calculation time expired u.u.

so i do not know if this is true
$$\sum_{n=2}^{\infty }\frac{3^n-1}{4^n}\zeta (n-\gamma )\approx \pi $$

Mathematics news on Phys.org

1. What are some common issues encountered while using Wolfram Alpha?

Some common issues with Wolfram Alpha include inaccurate or incomplete results, difficulty understanding the output, and limited functionality for certain types of data or calculations.

2. How does Wolfram Alpha handle complex or ambiguous queries?

Wolfram Alpha uses natural language processing and advanced algorithms to interpret queries and provide relevant results. However, complex or ambiguous queries may still result in inaccurate or irrelevant responses.

3. Can Wolfram Alpha be used as a reliable source of information?

Wolfram Alpha should not be used as a primary source of information, as it is not human-curated and may contain errors or biased data. It is best used as a tool for exploring and analyzing data, rather than a source of definitive information.

4. How does Wolfram Alpha ensure the privacy and security of user input and data?

Wolfram Alpha uses encryption and secure servers to protect user input and data. However, as with any online service, there is always a potential risk of data breaches or hacking.

5. Is Wolfram Alpha suitable for all types of scientific research or data analysis?

Wolfram Alpha is a powerful tool for computational and data analysis, but it may not be suitable for all types of research or analysis. It is best used in conjunction with other tools and resources for a comprehensive and accurate result.