IT/computer programming Certifications that I can earn online

• Job Skills
  • Thread starter LinuxMicrosoftMCSA
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Programming
In summary: As for Brocade/Broadcom University, I would definitely recommend checking out their website. They offer a number of different certification programs, and you can find out more information about them by clicking on the "Programs" tab on their website.Overall, the most important thing is to be determined and to make a clear decision about what you want to get certified in and why. After that, it's just a matter of finding the right resources to help you learn and achieve your goals.
LinuxMicrosoftMCSA
Hi,
My question is if there are any computer programming or front-end web development certifications that I can earn online for free or cheap. I already completed FreeCodeCamp and a few other coding bootcamps online.

I also signed up for my bachelor's degree equivalent on Open Source Society University (something new that just came out this year) (a MOOC-based degree in computer science).

I'm interested in both front-end web development (computer software) and computer hardware/networking & systems administration about equally split.

I also recently signed up for Brocade/Broadcom University certifications online and recently earned the SAN Troubleshooting certification and a few others.

Obviously the certifications that actually matter are certifications from a vendor-neutral or vendor-specific company like CompTIA, Microsoft, and LPI. I ideally don't want Udemy or SkillShare certificates. Again: I'm looking for computer certifications that actually matter for re-entering the computer field.

I want to hopefully specialize in Microsoft Windows Systems Administration and Linux.

I'm currently working with a few local staffing agencies in my area to help me re-enter the information technology industry. The staffing agency's job is to help me find a job (their job). I don't know why I keep picking up these bad, dead-end jobs. I recently got laid off (not let go) from a local restaurant on Day 1 for a line cook position. The restaurant was overstaffed when they hired me, and as a result I was laid off (not fired or let go).

Physics news on Phys.org
My recommendation is to be clear to yourself about what exactly you want to get certified in and why. You mention various different things that pertain to different fields of study. So, the first thing I would do is taking a detailed look at what each one of the certifications you mention is about / offers. Then according to what you are really interested to learn / get certified in, you can choose it and go from there. Whatever route you pick to get certified in will have a lot of detailed stuff so you must be really determined to follow it, in order to acquire the relevant knowledge / skills you need.

For programming / web development courses I would recommend to take a look at Coursera and edX. I took a number of courses at Coursera in the past and my impressions regarding the whole thing were very positive. Needless to say that you must also use google often enough to search for anything new offered.

1. What are the benefits of earning an IT/computer programming certification online?

Earning an IT/computer programming certification online offers several benefits, including flexibility in terms of schedule, cost-effectiveness, and the ability to learn at one's own pace. Online certifications also often provide access to a wider range of resources and materials, as well as the opportunity to learn from industry experts.

2. How do I know if an online IT/computer programming certification program is reputable?

To determine if an online IT/computer programming certification program is reputable, research the institution offering the certification. Look for accreditation from recognized organizations and read reviews from past students. Additionally, check the curriculum and make sure it aligns with industry standards and current technologies.

3. Are online IT/computer programming certifications recognized by employers?

Yes, many employers recognize and value online IT/computer programming certifications as they demonstrate a commitment to continuing education and staying up-to-date with industry advancements. However, it is important to research the specific certification and its reputation in the job market to ensure it will be recognized by potential employers.

4. How long does it take to earn an IT/computer programming certification online?

The time it takes to earn an IT/computer programming certification online varies depending on the program and the individual's pace of learning. Some online programs offer self-paced options, while others have set timelines and deadlines. On average, it can take anywhere from a few months to a year to earn a certification online.

5. What types of IT/computer programming certifications can I earn online?

There is a wide range of IT/computer programming certifications that can be earned online, including certifications in programming languages such as Java, Python, and C++, as well as certifications in specific areas such as web development, cybersecurity, and data analytics. It is important to research and choose a certification that aligns with your career goals and interests.