Kinematics: Find Displacement in 2x Time w/ Constant Acceleration

• Thread starter joaolucas
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Kinematics
In summary, kinematics is the branch of physics that studies the motion of objects without considering the forces that cause the motion. It involves describing the position, velocity, and acceleration of an object as it moves through space and time. Displacement is calculated by finding the difference between an object's initial position and its final position. Constant acceleration refers to the situation where an object's acceleration remains the same throughout its motion. To find displacement in 2x time with constant acceleration, the equation d = v0t + 1/2at^2 can be used. Kinematics has many real-world applications, such as predicting the motion of projectiles, analyzing vehicle movement, and studying celestial bodies in space.
joaolucas

Homework Statement

A particle has initial velocity and constant acceleration. If its velocity after certain time is v then what will its displacement be in twice of that time?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Im thinking about using one of the classic kinematics equations, however i don't have the value of the initial velocity. So I am stuck in this problem. If someone could explain to me how i find this velocity, i would be grateful.

Physics news on Phys.org
You're expected to find a solution as an algebraic expression in terms of the mentioned initial velocity, final velocity, and acceleration.

Related to Kinematics: Find Displacement in 2x Time w/ Constant Acceleration

1. What is kinematics?

Kinematics is the branch of physics that studies the motion of objects without considering the forces that cause the motion. It involves describing the position, velocity, and acceleration of an object as it moves through space and time.

2. How is displacement calculated in kinematics?

Displacement is calculated by finding the difference between an object's initial position and its final position. This can be represented as the change in position, or as the vector distance between the two points.

3. What is meant by "constant acceleration" in kinematics?

Constant acceleration refers to the situation where an object's acceleration remains the same throughout its motion. This means that the object's velocity is changing at a constant rate.

4. How do you find displacement in 2x time with constant acceleration?

To find displacement in 2x time with constant acceleration, you can use the equation:
d = v0t + 1/2at2
Where d is the displacement, v0 is the initial velocity, a is the acceleration, and t is the time. Plug in the values and solve for d to find the displacement.

5. What are some real-world applications of kinematics?

Kinematics has many real-world applications, including predicting the motion of projectiles, analyzing the movement of vehicles, understanding the behavior of particles in fluids, and studying the motion of planets and other celestial bodies in space.