Kirchoff's law help with circuits

V battery and five resistors, with resistances of 211 Ω, 682 Ω, 363 Ω, 534 Ω, and 465 Ω. Using Kirchhoff's law and the equation I = V/R, the currents at the specified points were found to be 20.43 A for Ih, 0.0299 A for Ic, and 0.0316 A for If.
Toon

Homework Statement

The circuit to the right consists of a battery (V0 = 26.0 V) and five resistors (R1 = 211 Ω, R2 = 682 Ω, R3 = 363 Ω, R4 = 534 Ω, and R5 = 465 Ω). Find the current passing through each of the specified points. The Circuit http://i.imgur.com/4JSIHdG.png all I need to find is Ih Ic If

Homework Equations

I=v/r
kirchoffs law

The Attempt at a Solution

At first I found the R equvilance of the whole circuit to find the whole circuits Current. Then I used the current value to find how much voltage the Requvialnce of R2345. Then I found Ih by using I = v / r5 and that came out to be 20.43 and that was correct. However When I tried using the values R4 and R2 in the equation to find Ic and If the ansers were wrong. I am assuming youre suppose to use kirchhoffs law but unsure how any help would be appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Nevermind I figured out the solution. The problem was I didn't realize multiply currents were running through B.(two currents from r4 & r5) I was only assuming one current was running,

What is Kirchoff's Law?

Kirchoff's Law, also known as Kirchoff's Voltage Law and Kirchoff's Current Law, is a set of fundamental principles used to analyze electrical circuits. These laws state that the total voltage around a closed loop must equal zero, and the total current into a node must equal the total current out of that node.

How do Kirchoff's Laws apply to circuits?

In circuits, Kirchoff's Laws are used to determine the voltage and current at different points in a circuit. These laws help us understand how electricity flows through a circuit and how different components affect the overall circuit behavior.

What are the applications of Kirchoff's Laws?

Kirchoff's Laws are used extensively in circuit analysis and design. They are also applied in other fields such as electronics, telecommunications, and power systems. These laws are essential for troubleshooting and optimizing circuit performance.

Are there any limitations to Kirchoff's Laws?

While Kirchoff's Laws are fundamental principles, they have some limitations. These laws assume ideal components and do not account for other factors such as temperature and non-linear behavior in some components. In some complex circuits, these laws may not be sufficient to accurately predict circuit behavior.

How can I use Kirchoff's Laws to solve circuit problems?

To solve circuit problems using Kirchoff's Laws, you need to first draw a circuit diagram and label all the components and their values. Then, apply Kirchoff's Voltage Law and Kirchoff's Current Law to set up and solve a system of equations. This will help you find the desired values of voltage and current in the circuit.