Laplace inverse convolution

In summary, the conversation is discussing the Laplace Transform of {f(t) • g(t) } and how to use convolution in solving problems. The link provided may be helpful and the conversation includes confusion and requests for clarification.
rj18
Homework Statement
hey i was wondering if i could get some help with my maths i need to find the output using place and then convolution . i need to find out the step input response and how to use convolution to find output when input = [0,t<0 t,0<t<t1 t1,t<0<t2]

thanks
Relevant Equations
Laplace equation was s^2+5s+8=(1/s+2)
inverse 1/4 e^(-2t)-1/4 e^(-2t)+e^(-2t)/2 t
find concolution when input = [0,t<0 t,0<t<t1 t1,t<0<t2]
e

Physics news on Phys.org
i meant convolution*
and yes i have used convolution in problems that are shorter and much simpler. such as for the input t<0. but i don't know how to do it with more input variables such as 0<t<t1

rj18 said:
Homework Statement: hey i was wondering if i could get some help with my maths i need to find the output using place and then convolution . i need to find out the step input response and how to use convolution to find output when input = [0,t<0 t,0<t<t1 t1,t<0<t2]
That string of variables and commas etc. doesn't mean anything to me.
thanks
Homework Equations: Laplace equation was s^2+5s+8=(1/s+2)
Is that supposed to represent a transform of something? It doesn't make any sense as it is written.
inverse 1/4 e^(-2t)-1/4 e^(-2t)+e^(-2t)/2 t
find concolution when input = [0,t<0 t,0<t<t1 t1,t<0<t2]
What is that supposed to be the inverse of? Your post is hopelessly confusing. You could start by stating the original problem word for word.

Likes vela
scottdave said:
So do you recall what the Laplace Transform of {f(t) • g(t) } is? Where I used the • to represent convolution.
This may help -
https://www.rapidtables.com/math/calculus/laplace_transform.html#Laplace transform properties
scottdave said:
So do you recall what the Laplace Transform of {f(t) • g(t) } is? Where I used the • to represent convolution.
This may help -
https://www.rapidtables.com/math/calculus/laplace_transform.html#Laplace transform properties
LCKurtz said:
That string of variables and commas etc. doesn't mean anything to me.

Is that supposed to represent a transform of something? It doesn't make any sense as it is written.

What is that supposed to be the inverse of? Your post is hopelessly confusing. You could start by stating the original problem word for word.

Sorry that i wasnt clear enough
i found the laplace transform and the impulse response i think.
i have given all the questions a go but not too sure

Attachments

• past exams.PNG
    past exams.PNG
    28.9 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

What is Laplace inverse convolution?

Laplace inverse convolution is a mathematical operation used to find the original function when given the convolution of two functions. It is commonly used in signal processing and control theory.

How is Laplace inverse convolution calculated?

Laplace inverse convolution is calculated using the Laplace transform. The inverse Laplace transform is applied to the convolution of the functions to find the original functions.

What is the importance of Laplace inverse convolution?

Laplace inverse convolution is important in many scientific and engineering fields because it allows for the reconstruction of signals or functions that have been distorted by a convolution process. This is useful in noise removal and system identification.

What are some applications of Laplace inverse convolution?

Laplace inverse convolution has applications in fields such as electrical engineering, control theory, and signal processing. It is used for deconvolution, noise removal, and system identification.

Are there any limitations to Laplace inverse convolution?

Yes, there are limitations to Laplace inverse convolution. It can only be used if the Laplace transform of the original functions exists, and it may not work well with functions that have singularities or discontinuities. Additionally, numerical methods may be needed for complex functions.