Learn How to Draw Feynman Diagrams in MikTeX: A Step-By-Step Guide

In summary, the conversation discusses an issue with creating Feynman diagrams using LaTeX code and the feynmf package. The user is able to generate the diagram but the label does not appear. They have tried searching for a solution online but have not found one. The conversation suggests that the issue may be with the user's MikTex and suggests trying a reinstallation.
thoms2543
I am trying to draw feynman diagram by using LaTeX code but the label in the code do not appear in the pdf(only the diagram appear). I am using the MikTeX 2.8 in windows XP and userpackage is feynmf. I have try several time and search through the web but I can't figure out any solution for this. Is anybody know how to solve this problem?e.g. this following is the code from some source

Code:
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{feynmf}
\begin{document}
\setlength{\unitlength}{1mm}
An example of a Feynman graph drawn with Thorsten Ohl's \texttt{feynmf} package.
\begin{center}
\begin{fmffile}{feynexa}
\begin{fmfchar*}(40,25)
\fmfleft{em,ep}
\fmf{fermion}{em,Zee,ep}
\fmf{photon,label=$Z$}{Zee,Zff}
\fmf{fermion}{fb,Zff,f}
\fmfright{fb,f}
\fmfdot{Zee,Zff}
\end{fmfchar*}
\end{fmffile}
\end{center}
\end{document}
I only manage to get the diagram but the label Z does not appear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I ran your code in Overleaf and got the following:

1564333433810.png

Seems there is no error in the code. Your MikTex might be the source of trouble. A reinstall might help.

1. What is MikTeX?

MikTeX is a free, open-source software that allows users to create and typeset scientific documents, specifically in the fields of mathematics, physics, and computer science.

2. Why is learning how to draw Feynman diagrams important?

Feynman diagrams are a powerful tool used in theoretical physics to visualize and calculate complex interactions between subatomic particles. They are essential in understanding and predicting the behavior of particles in various physical processes.

3. Is MikTeX difficult to use for drawing Feynman diagrams?

No, MikTeX has a user-friendly interface and provides a step-by-step guide for drawing Feynman diagrams. With some practice, users can quickly become proficient in using MikTeX for this purpose.

4. Do I need any prior knowledge of LaTeX to use MikTeX for drawing Feynman diagrams?

Yes, MikTeX is built on top of LaTeX, a typesetting language used for scientific documents. It is recommended to have a basic understanding of LaTeX before using MikTeX for drawing Feynman diagrams.

5. Can I customize the appearance of my Feynman diagrams in MikTeX?

Yes, MikTeX allows users to customize various aspects of their diagrams, including line styles, colors, and labels. It also offers templates and packages for different types of diagrams, such as tree diagrams and multi-loop diagrams.