Light amplification jet engine?

In summary, the conversation discussed the use of focal reflectors and built-in antennas to strategically place for proper phasing in an EMF amplification system. The idea is similar to a space hyper engine and the speaker plans to incorporate mathematical shapes into their design. They also mentioned using a parabolic reflector and coiled laser chamber to bend light and amplify it, with the ability to operate in different ways. The system would have onboard power systems and the speaker plans to draw blueprints and further explain their hypothesis. The conversation ended with the speaker mentioning they have plans for New Year's tonight.
TimeContinuum
Using a series of focal reflectors, built in antenna strategically placed for proper phasing the EMF amplification system. Kinda like a space hyper engine. Possible? I can draw some blueprints I think.

Engineering news on Phys.org
That sounds interesting to me. I would like to hear more about your hypothesis.

I need to incorporate the math into all my shapes, but I got a general vision I just need to model it. It's New Years tonight so I think I'm heading out. But the idea is to bend the light using a parabolic reflector through a coiled laser chamber and amplify it out the exhaust. Which can be operated as firing away from it's greatest source energy, or pulling towards it. Onboard power systems for sure.

1. What is a light amplification jet engine?

A light amplification jet engine is a type of propulsion system that uses a laser as its source of energy to generate thrust. The laser is directed into a combustion chamber, where it heats and expands a fuel and air mixture, creating a high-velocity exhaust stream that propels the aircraft.

2. How does a light amplification jet engine work?

The laser in a light amplification jet engine is focused onto a small area of the combustion chamber, creating a high-intensity beam that rapidly heats the fuel and air mixture. This creates a high-pressure and high-velocity gas that is directed through a nozzle, generating thrust and propelling the aircraft forward.

3. What are the advantages of a light amplification jet engine?

Light amplification jet engines have several advantages over traditional jet engines. They are more efficient, as the laser can be precisely controlled to heat only a small amount of fuel and air, resulting in less wasted energy. They also have a higher thrust-to-weight ratio, making them ideal for use in smaller and faster aircraft. Additionally, they produce less noise and emissions compared to traditional jet engines.

4. Are there any limitations to using a light amplification jet engine?

While light amplification jet engines have many benefits, there are also some limitations to their use. For one, they require a constant supply of energy to power the laser, which can be difficult to maintain during long flights. They also have a shorter range compared to traditional jet engines, as the laser can only heat a limited amount of fuel at a time.

5. Are there any real-world applications for light amplification jet engines?

Although light amplification jet engines are still in the early stages of development, there are already several potential real-world applications. They could be used in military drones and unmanned aerial vehicles, as well as in space travel. They may also have potential applications in commercial aviation, particularly for supersonic and hypersonic flights.