Looking Answer About Area of Circle.

• MHB
  • Thread starter susanto3311
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Area Circle
In summary: The area of the bit of the circle left will be area of the whole circle less the area of the cut out sector. The formulae for the area of a sector (in degrees) is given byA_s = \dfrac{\theta}{360} \pi r^2In this case \theta is the angle of the sector (i.e. the missing piece in your example)The area of the bit of the circle left will be area
susanto3311
hello all...

i'am looking for a formula to solve this multiple choice question about area of circle...

like my picture below ...

any body can help me, thanks in advance...

susanto3311

Attachments

• area_problem again.png
    area_problem again.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 43
Mathematics news on Phys.org
susanto3311 said:
hello all...

i'am looking for a formula to solve this multiple choice question about area of circle...

like my picture below ...

any body can help me, thanks in advance...

susanto3311

The area of the bit of the circle left will be area of the whole circle less the area of the cut out sector. The formulae for the area of a sector (in degrees) is given by

\(\displaystyle A_s = \dfrac{\theta}{360} \pi r^2\)

In this case \(\displaystyle \theta\) is the angle of the sector (i.e. the missing piece in your example)

SuperSonic4 said:
The area of the bit of the circle left will be area of the whole circle less the area of the cut out sector. The formulae for the area of a sector (in degrees) is given by

\(\displaystyle A_s = \dfrac{\theta}{360} \pi r^2\)

In this case \(\displaystyle \theta\) is the angle of the sector (i.e. the missing piece in your example)

the answer is 462...do you agree?

susanto3311 said:
the answer is 462...do you agree?

I get B as my answer (although the question could stand to be clearer about whether or not it wants the area of the cut out sector or the area of "pacman" - the bit that's left).

How did you arrive at 462 (which is the area of the sector)? Don't forget that's just the area of the sector - you need to subtract this from the area of the whole

SuperSonic4 said:
I get B as my answer (although the question could stand to be clearer about whether or not it wants the area of the cut out sector or the area of "pacman" - the bit that's left).

How did you arrive at 462 (which is the area of the sector)? Don't forget that's just the area of the sector - you need to subtract this from the area of the whole

hi super...

thanks. i'am missing you are right...

Related to Looking Answer About Area of Circle.

1. What is the formula for finding the area of a circle?

The formula for finding the area of a circle is A = πr², where A is the area and r is the radius of the circle.

2. How do I calculate the area of a circle with a given diameter?

To calculate the area of a circle with a given diameter, you can use the formula A = (π/4)d², where A is the area and d is the diameter. Alternatively, you can divide the diameter by 2 to get the radius and then use the formula A = πr².

3. Can I use a calculator to find the area of a circle?

Yes, you can use a calculator to find the area of a circle. Simply input the value of the radius or diameter into the appropriate formula and the calculator will give you the result.

4. What units are used for measuring the area of a circle?

The units used for measuring the area of a circle can vary, but they are typically square units such as square inches, square feet, square meters, etc.

5. Can the area of a circle be negative?

No, the area of a circle cannot be negative. The area is always a positive value, representing the amount of space enclosed within the circle.