Looking for a good source to find FPGA developers for ADC PCB spinouts

In summary: We are willing to take on folks either as a contract or for full time employment, it just depends on their skill sets and how well they can integrate into the PCB team.Do they need to be geographically near you, or can they work remotely? It also sounds like it might be helpful if they have DSP experience to understand what you are asking them to code up?Remote work is perfectly acceptable and we have done it multiple times. We just ship the board and see what the candidate can do. If we find someone good and we need them to meet for an in person with the team from time to time, the company covers all costs with travel, lodging, per diem, and a base hourly rate.
mesa
Gold Member
Summary:: I am trying to find some good folks with knowledge in FOGA coding for some ADC boards our EEs are spinning out, but am having terrible luck so far...

I am trying to find some good folks with knowledge in FPGA coding for some ADC boards our EEs are spinning out for pulse heigh histograms for gamma spectral analysis, but am having not so great luck so far.

Currently I am dropping about $700 a week in advertising on Indeed (has worked really well for a lot of other positions, but not this). The plan is to throw this out to other websites so any suggestions on a better fit for this position is welcome.

I had the EEs also look at conferences (just missed the international conference on FPL) as a possible place to find some talent, is anyone aware of anything coming up in the near term?

Other suggestions are always welcome as well!

Physics news on Phys.org
Which specific FPGA are you using on your boards? Have you tried going to the Developer's Forums for whichever FPGA it is to see if there are sections on services offered? You can also do a Google search for that FPGA being mentioned in online discussion forums to find some folks who are actively working with them.

Have you contacted your local consulting agencies to see if any of them have FPGA developers in their networks? What is your estimate for the duration of the contract?

We are starting each candidtae on a simple project to try to make an 18-bit 2MSPS ANALOG MAX DAQ3 work for continuous output (it spits out about .2% of the data as shipped). This board runs the Intel Max 10.

As far as the new PCB, the EEs can be pretty flexible on the FPGA. At this point we plan to spin out multiple boards (a lot of trial and error to get to the right final design).

berkeman said:
I did a Google search on Intel Max 10 discussion forum and got some good hits. Here are a couple of them:

https://community.intel.com/t5/tag/Intel® MAX® 10 FPGAs/tg-p/tag-id/30

https://community.intel.com/t5/Programmable-Devices/My-1st-MAX-10-design/td-p/179246

They may give you some contacts that you can ping to ask about design services or candidates. Are you looking for a consultant or a permanent hire?
That was fast. Good links too.

We are willing to take on folks either as a contract or for full time employment, it just depends on their skill sets and how well they can integrate into the PCB team.

Do they need to be geographically near you, or can they work remotely? It also sounds like it might be helpful if they have DSP experience to understand what you are asking them to code up?

Remote work is perfectly acceptable and we have done it multiple times. We just ship the board and see what the candidate can do.

If we find someone good and we need them to meet for an in person with the team from time to time, the company covers all costs with travel, lodging, per diem, and a base hourly rate.

DSP could work but may not be able to handle our bit rates, an STM32 Arm is another possible option, we are pretty open.

1. How can I find a good source for FPGA developers for ADC PCB spinouts?

There are several ways to find potential FPGA developers for ADC PCB spinouts. One option is to search online job platforms, such as LinkedIn or Indeed, for individuals with experience in FPGA development. Another option is to reach out to industry-specific forums and communities to ask for recommendations or post job listings. Additionally, hiring a recruitment agency that specializes in engineering and technology positions can also be a helpful resource.

2. What qualifications should I look for in an FPGA developer for ADC PCB spinouts?

When searching for an FPGA developer for ADC PCB spinouts, it is important to look for individuals with a strong background in digital signal processing, experience with FPGA design and development tools, and knowledge of various programming languages such as Verilog and VHDL. Additionally, experience with ADC PCB spinouts and familiarity with industry standards and protocols is also beneficial.

3. How can I ensure that the FPGA developers I hire are qualified for the job?

One way to ensure that the FPGA developers you hire are qualified for the job is to thoroughly review their resumes and portfolios, and conduct technical interviews to assess their skills and knowledge. You can also ask for references from previous employers or clients to gain insight into their past work experience and performance.

4. Is it important for FPGA developers to have experience with ADC PCB spinouts specifically?

While it is not a requirement for FPGA developers to have experience with ADC PCB spinouts specifically, it can be beneficial for them to have some knowledge or previous experience in this area. This can help them better understand the requirements and challenges of the project, and potentially contribute unique insights and solutions.

5. Are there any certifications or training programs for FPGA developers that specialize in ADC PCB spinouts?

There are several certifications and training programs available for FPGA developers, but there are currently no specific certifications or training programs that specialize in ADC PCB spinouts. However, some organizations offer courses and workshops on FPGA development for specific industries, which may include ADC PCB spinouts. It is also beneficial for FPGA developers to continuously update their skills and knowledge through self-learning and attending industry conferences and events.