Looking for a good title of a book having to do with a blackhole

In summary, possible titles for the book include The Shell of Never, The Hidden Heart, Light's End, Michell's Fever-Dream, The Mouth of Night, Hawking's Harrow, Suckers from Outer Space, Singular Dilemma, Bent Rubicon, Spaghettification Sucks, Rodin's Masterpiece, or The Mouth of Night."
SpikeVoyager
I just finished writing a book, and I am outta ideas for a good title...

I thought about calling it Event Horizon, but a movie (a very bad movie) with the same name came out years ago... anybody got any ideas of a title having to do with a black hole?

thank you :smile:

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Fredirick Pohl had a book called "Beyond the Blue Event Horizon" so you can't use that. The plot driver in that one was the difference between the local coordinates and the remote coodinates for someone falling toward the horizon.

SpikeVoyager said:
I just finished writing a book, and I am outta ideas for a good title...

I thought about calling it Event Horizon, but a movie (a very bad movie) with the same name came out years ago... anybody got any ideas of a title having to do with a black hole?

thank you :smile:
How does the black hole figure in the book? Coming up with an appropriate title is a lot easier if we know that.

"The Shell of Never"

"The Hidden Heart"

"Light's End" [or "Lichtsende"]

"Michell's Fever-Dream"

"The Mouth of Night"

"Hawking's Harrow"

"SSSSSHHHHLLLLUUUUUUUURRRRRP!" :smile:

Suckers from Outer Space.

Singular Dilema

Bent Rubicon

Spaghetification Sucks

'Rodin's Masterpiece'

Rodin's masterpiece is a sculpture entitled 'The Gates of Hell' A picture of it would look really cool on the cover, too.

setAI said:
"The Mouth of Night"

like it

kudos setAI

Related to Looking for a good title of a book having to do with a blackhole

1. What is a black hole?

A black hole is a region in space where the gravitational pull is so strong that nothing, not even light, can escape from it.

2. What causes a black hole?

A black hole is formed when a massive star runs out of fuel and collapses under its own gravity. This creates a singularity, a point of infinite density, and a surrounding event horizon, which is the point of no return for anything that enters the black hole.

3. How are black holes discovered?

Black holes cannot be directly observed because they do not emit any light. Instead, scientists can detect the effects of a black hole's strong gravitational pull on objects around it, such as stars and gas clouds.

4. Can anything escape from a black hole?

Once something crosses the event horizon of a black hole, it cannot escape. However, objects can orbit around a black hole without crossing the event horizon, and some particles can escape through processes like Hawking radiation.

5. Why is it difficult to come up with a good title for a book about black holes?

Black holes are a complex and mysterious concept, making it challenging to capture the essence of them in a single title. Additionally, there are many different aspects and theories surrounding black holes, making it difficult to choose just one angle to focus on for a title.