Looking for a small journal on antenna theory to publish my paper

In summary, the person is looking for a small journal to submit their recent paper, with a preference for a printed version, free of publication fees, and listed on SCI. They do not mind which country the journal is from or its size. They are seeking suggestions for where to publish, but the decision will depend on the content and application of their paper. The paper has been peer reviewed, and the person is questioning who will pay for the review and what the title and application of the paper are. The conversation also touches on the topic of referees being paid for reviewing papers, and the possibility of publishing on arXiv for free. Ultimately, it is mentioned that it may be difficult to find a reputable peer-reviewed journal that will publish the
qnach
I am looking for a small journal to submit my recent paper.
I hope it can
1. have printed version
2. free of publication fee (therefore all IEEE journals are out)
3. listed on SCI
It does not matter which country does it belong to. Nor do I mind whether is it small or not.
Has anyone any suggestion?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Where it should be published will depend on the content and application. Has your paper been peer reviewed ?

Likes davenn
Baluncore said:
Where it should be published will depend on the content and application. Has your paper been peer reviewed ?

peer review is done after submission.

qnach said:
peer review is done after submission.
Who is going to pay for that ?
What is the title and application ?

Last edited:
Baluncore said:
Who is going to pay for that ?
What is the title and application ?

In the world I live referees are NEVER paid for reviewing papers. It is volunteer and honored work.
There are other occasions, such as referee for promotion of a professor, referees are paid.

I ask again. What is the title and application ?
If you can't even get it on http://arxiv.org/ then you stand little chance of a free ride anywhere.

Likes davenn
Baluncore said:
I ask again. What is the title and application ?
If you can't even get it on http://arxiv.org/ then you stand little chance of a free ride anywhere.
I am getting sure that you had not much idea about this business since you have made three pretty clear mistakes.

Thread locked. Baluncore's replies have been spot on. You will have a lot of trouble finding a reputable peer-reviewed journal that will publish your paper for free. Stick to arXiv

EDIT -- After further review, it appears that many peer-reviewed journals do not charge for publishing articles. I stand corrected. :smile:

Last edited:

1. What kind of journal should I submit my paper on antenna theory to?

Ideally, you should submit your paper to a peer-reviewed scientific journal that specializes in antenna theory. This will ensure that your paper is evaluated by experts in the field and has a higher chance of being accepted for publication.

2. How do I find a small journal on antenna theory to submit my paper to?

You can search for journals on antenna theory using online databases such as Scopus or Web of Science. You can also ask your colleagues or mentor for recommendations. Additionally, you can attend conferences and workshops on antenna theory to network and learn about relevant journals.

3. What factors should I consider when choosing a small journal for my paper on antenna theory?

Some important factors to consider when choosing a journal include its impact factor, readership, scope, and publication fees. You should also make sure that the journal has a good reputation in the scientific community and follows ethical publishing practices.

4. Is it better to submit my paper to a small journal or a larger, more well-known one?

This decision ultimately depends on your goals and the specific journal you are considering. While larger journals may have a higher impact factor and wider readership, smaller journals may have a more specialized focus and may be more likely to accept your paper. It is important to carefully research and consider all options before making a decision.

5. How long does the publication process typically take for a paper on antenna theory?

The publication process can vary greatly depending on the journal and the quality of your paper. On average, it can take anywhere from a few months to a year or more for a paper to go through the peer-review process, revisions, and final publication. It is important to be patient and proactive in following up with the journal during this time.