Looking for a software to highlight areas in PDF - Linux

In summary, the best software to use for highlighting areas in a PDF on Linux is Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is a free, cross-platform program that allows you to highlight, underline, and add notes to PDF documents. However, there are also several free alternatives such as Okular, Evince, and Foxit Reader. These software programs work on all Linux distributions and allow you to save the highlighted PDF document without changing the original file. They also offer the ability to highlight specific text or images in a PDF document and customize the color and opacity of the highlight. It is recommended to check the system requirements before downloading and installing any of these software programs.
Rectifier
Gold Member
Hey there!
I am looking for a free PDF viewer that is capable of highlighting areas and text and that is available for Debian (Linux).

Thanks in advance.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Can't you do that with Acrobat? I haven't tried it on Linus, but on other platforms it works well.

Evince can do it. It works well in GNOME and Xfce. You can also use it to annotate your PDFs, for which I use it a lot. Seach for "evince" in Synaptic. There are various versions and a browser plugin available.

What is the best software to use for highlighting areas in a PDF on Linux?

The best software to use for highlighting areas in a PDF on Linux is Adobe Acrobat Reader. It is a free, cross-platform program that allows you to highlight, underline, and add notes to PDF documents.

Is there a free alternative to Adobe Acrobat Reader for highlighting PDFs on Linux?

Yes, there are several free alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Reader for highlighting PDFs on Linux. Some popular options include Okular, Evince, and Foxit Reader.

Can I highlight specific text or images in a PDF using these software programs?

Yes, all of the mentioned software programs allow you to highlight specific text or images in a PDF document. You can also choose the color and opacity of the highlight.

Do these software programs work on all Linux distributions?

Yes, these software programs are cross-platform and can be used on any Linux distribution. However, it is always recommended to check the system requirements before downloading and installing the software.

Can I save the highlighted PDF document without changing the original file?

Yes, all of these software programs allow you to save the highlighted PDF document without changing the original file. You can save it as a separate file or overwrite the original file if you wish.