Looking for friends to talk about Physics, Mathematics etc

In summary, the speaker is looking for someone to correspond with about Physics and has recently read an autobiography of Leopold Infeld. They are interested in exchanging letters and discussing their field of study, and want to earn a PHD in theoretical physics and work for the Polish Academy of Science. They also receive the advice to participate in forum discussions instead of just looking for a penpal.
Mathieu_MW
Hello everyone. I am looking for someone to talk, correspondence about Physics etc. I read a great autobiography of Leopold Infeld, great Polish physicist. He claims that "If you have someone to talk about your field of study you will learn a lot from it." . If you are interested in this kind of activity, please send me a private message. I am 23 years old, have engineer degree in technical physics, and now working on my master thesis about formation of muonic molecules. In future I want earn PHD in theoretical physics and work for Polish Academy of Science. If you want, we can exchange letters like the old fashioned scientist :) .

Physics news on Phys.org
Dobra rada: instead of looking for penpal start taking part in discussions on the forum. If one interlocutor is good, many are even better.

1. What topics in physics and mathematics can we discuss?

We can discuss a wide range of topics, including classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, relativity, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, calculus, algebra, geometry, and more. If there is a specific topic you are interested in, let me know and we can discuss it.

2. Do I need to have a background in physics or mathematics to join the conversation?

No, you do not need any formal background in physics or mathematics to join the conversation. We can discuss concepts at a beginner level and work our way up to more advanced topics. The most important thing is to have a curious mind and a willingness to learn.

3. Can we share resources or recommend books and articles to each other?

Absolutely! As scientists, we know the value of learning from different sources and perspectives. We can share resources, recommend books and articles, and even discuss our own research and findings.

4. Is this a formal group or is it more casual?

This is a casual group for individuals who are passionate about physics and mathematics. We can meet virtually or in person and have open, informal discussions about various topics. There is no pressure to have a certain level of expertise or to follow a strict agenda.

5. How often do you plan on meeting?

The frequency of our meetings can be flexible. We can meet once a week, every other week, or even once a month, depending on everyone's availability and interest. We can also adjust the meeting schedule if needed. The goal is to have regular discussions and keep the conversation going.