Looking into chemical engineering

In summary, the conversation is about a new member, Hexnergy, welcoming to a forum and expressing their interests in chemical engineering and renewable energy. They also mention their hope of learning new knowledge from other members. There is also a friendly exchange of greetings and a question about Hexnergy's favorite fish.
Hexnergy
Interesting website you got here, found it by accident... looks like lots of smart peoples around here, maybe I can get smarter if I stick around. Little about me, just a young dude looking into chemical engineering, renewable energy and stuff like that, seems like the "in" thing nowadays, maybe make some $$$$$ heheh anyways hope to learn some knowledge from you all. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org

Hi Hexnergy, welcome to the forum!

thanks joeyar

Hi Hexnergy - welcome!

Welcome! hope you enjoy the site. :smile:

Welcome Hexnergy, what is you favorite fish?

hello, thanks for the welcome. I don't eat fish.., if its just my favorite fish to watch is the shark? standard for lot of people...

Related to Looking into chemical engineering

1. What is chemical engineering?

Chemical engineering is a branch of engineering that uses principles of chemistry, physics, biology, and economics to design, develop, and optimize processes for the production of various products, such as fuels, medicines, and consumer goods.

2. What skills are needed to be successful in chemical engineering?

Some essential skills for chemical engineering include problem-solving, critical thinking, attention to detail, and strong communication and teamwork abilities. Additionally, a strong understanding of mathematics, chemistry, and other sciences is crucial.

3. What career opportunities are available in chemical engineering?

Chemical engineering offers a wide range of career opportunities in industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, energy production, food and beverage, and materials manufacturing. Some common job titles in this field include process engineer, research and development engineer, and quality control engineer.

4. Is a graduate degree necessary for a career in chemical engineering?

While a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering is typically required for entry-level positions, a graduate degree can provide individuals with more advanced job opportunities and higher salaries. Many companies also prefer candidates with a master's or doctoral degree for research and development roles.

5. What advancements are being made in the field of chemical engineering?

Chemical engineering is a constantly evolving field, and advancements are being made in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, and biotechnology. Some current research topics in chemical engineering include developing more efficient and environmentally friendly processes, creating new materials, and improving drug delivery systems.