Lordi Wins Eurovision Song Contest | Official Site

In summary, Finland and their band Lordi won the Eurovision Song Contest for the first time. The performance was a mix of Kiss and S Club 7 and received mixed reactions. Some enjoyed the unique and alternative act while others were not sure if they enjoyed it or not. Finland will now have to host the contest next year.
EL
Science Advisor
Congrats to Finland and Lordi to their first victory in the Eurovision Song Contest!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I don't even know what to say about the performance...:biggrin: :eek: :-p

http://eurovision.lordi.org/

http://www.eurovision.tv/english/index.htm

http://www.lordi.org/

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
'Amazing'?

Maybe. I just cannot make up my mind if I enjoyed it or if it's just because it was nice to see a gang of monsters totaly beating the crap out of all etno junk, ABBA copies, Shakira wannabies and crooners...

Like a cross between Kiss and S Club 7! Awesome!

I bloody hate Eurovision, except when you get twatted and then dance around like loons afterwards...

... we rule :smile: ! Send average appearing Finns to compete and they deliver. Since Finland apparently can't dodge arranging the contest next year probably going to suffer more of the "silicon - filled - performances & artists" & related tripe :approve: .

(the iihfs on the other hand ... man!)

Related to Lordi Wins Eurovision Song Contest | Official Site

1. What is the Eurovision Song Contest?

The Eurovision Song Contest is an annual international song competition where countries from Europe (and some from other parts of the world) compete against each other by submitting original songs. The winner is determined by a combination of votes from a jury and from viewers in each participating country.

2. Who is Lordi and how did they win the Eurovision Song Contest?

Lordi is a Finnish hard rock band that formed in 1992. They won the Eurovision Song Contest in 2006 with their song "Hard Rock Hallelujah". They were the first hard rock/heavy metal band to win the competition, and they gained international recognition and popularity following their win.

3. What was the reaction to Lordi winning the Eurovision Song Contest?

The reaction to Lordi's win was mixed. Some people were excited to see a hard rock band win, as it was a departure from the usual pop and ballad entries. Others were disappointed and thought their win was a joke or a publicity stunt. However, their victory sparked discussions about the diversity and inclusivity of the Eurovision Song Contest.

4. Did Lordi's win impact the Eurovision Song Contest in any way?

Yes, Lordi's win had a significant impact on the Eurovision Song Contest. It opened the door for different genres of music to be showcased and recognized, and it also challenged the traditional concept of what a Eurovision winner should be like. Additionally, their win brought more attention and viewership to the competition, making it a more popular and highly anticipated event.

5. What has Lordi been doing since winning the Eurovision Song Contest?

Lordi has continued to make music and tour since their Eurovision win. They have released several albums and have performed in various countries around the world. They have also participated in other music competitions and festivals, and have collaborated with other artists. In 2018, they celebrated their 25th anniversary as a band with a special concert and documentary.