Is There Experimental Evidence That Contradicts Time Contraction Predictions?

In summary, the Lorentz equation on the time t says that if the speed v of the moving object is high, the contracted time t’ inside the moving object is the same as t.
John SpaceY
TL;DR Summary
Question on the Lorentz equation on the time
I have another question linked to the equations of Lorentz:

The Theory of the Special Relativity (SR) of Albert Einstein comes from the equation of Lorentz and we have the following equation on the time t’ in the moving frame:

The “space time” (x’, y’, z’, t’) is moving at a speed v measured from the “space time” (x, y, z, t)

t’ = g . (t – (v.x)/c^2)

In the Lorentz equation on the time t we have the speed v of the moving object defined by v = x/t

If we write x = v.t we have the following equation: t = g . t’
and this is OK with the equation of the Theory of the Special Relativity and proves that the SR comes from the equations of Lorentz: the time t’ inside the moving object is the contracted time.

And this result is due to the fact that we have for Lorentz x = v.t (see above), or v.x = v^2.t

The speed v defined by Lorentz is the distance measured from our Earth for example (the rest frame) divided by the time measured from our Earth (also the rest frame) which is t. I have used the term “measured” 2 times because the definition of the speed is using “measured values”.
On the rest frame (our Earth for example) we measure x for the distance but we see x’.

But when x becomes very high, maybe what we measure is perhaps what we see and we will see a contracted distance from the rest frame (x’), but we measure always t because we see t in the rest frame and so the speed will become v = x’ /t = vnew

And so x will be replaced by x’ when x will become high, which is the same to say “when the speed v will be high” (indeed, as x = v.t, if we have a high speed v, it is the same than to have a high value of x).

And so, in the Lorentz equation on the time t, I will replace x by x’ when the distance x will be high, and I will replace v by vnew and so:

v.x will becomes vnew . x’ = (x’/t).x’

And x’ = x / g indeed, x’ is the contracted distance

And so vnew . x’ = ( x / g )/t . (x / g ) = (1/g^ 2). x^2. (1/t)

If I replace t by (t/g^ 2) in this equation I will find:

vnew . x’ = (1/g^2). x^2. (g^2/t) = x^2 / t = v . x (for Lorentz, v = x/t )

And so, as I don’t want to change the Lorentz equations, in order to have vnew . x’ = v . x , I have to replace t by (t/g^2) = t . (1 – v^2/c^2)

As t = g . t’ , if t is replaced by (t/g^2) , t’ will also be replaced by (t’/g^2) = t’ . (1 – v^2/c^2)

t’
for Lorentz is the time at the level of a moving object and t’ will be replaced by the following relation when x will be high or when the speed v will be high:

t’ -> t’ . ( 1 – v^2/c^2 )

And this could be the new relation of the time contraction t’ at the level of a moving object, function of its speed v, when parameters go towards the limits (high distance x, high speed v, …)

But near our Earth, the SR and GR are the only correct Theories. This can be explained by the above points: indeed, near our Earth the distance x is too low and if the speed v is also too low my “Theory” will not be applicable and in the equation of Lorentz we cannot replace the distance x by x’: and my coefficient defined before ( 1 – v^2/c^2 ) will only complement the GR and SR when parameters will go towards the limits (high distance x, high speed v, …).

And now comes my question
: Is there somebody who knows an experimentation where the results show that the contracted time inside a moving object should be more than predicted by the SR and GR ?
For example near our Earth but with a very high speed like particle acceleration at CERN, or … ?
Or an experimentation done at a very high distance from our Earth, like deviation of light or shift of frequency or ? …

• Skeptical
Likes PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know where to begin with this. You look to be in desperate need of a decent textbook.

Likes protonsarecool, Vanadium 50 and vanhees71
Ibix said:
I don't know where to begin with this. You look to be in desperate need of a decent textbook.
Who needs a textbook when you're overturning mainstream theories?

• Haha
  • Skeptical
Likes protonsarecool, Orodruin and vanhees71
Ignoring the correctness (it isn’t) of doing this, you have not properly motivated replacing x by x’ so this is not even an interesting argument.

PeroK said:
Who needs a textbook when you're overturning mainstream theories?
Anybody who doesn't want to be laughed out of the room when they say that's what they're doing, I would think.

Likes protonsarecool, Vanadium 50 and vanhees71
John SpaceY said:
Summary:: Question on the Lorentz equation on the time

Is there somebody who knows an experimentation where the results show that the contracted time inside a moving object should be more than predicted by the SR and GR ?
No. All current experiments agree with relativity even at very high speeds. For a detailed review see: http://www.edu-observatory.org/physics-faq/Relativity/SR/experiments.html

Thread closed

Likes protonsarecool, vanhees71, Ibix and 1 other person

1. What is the Lorentz equation?

The Lorentz equation, also known as the Lorentz force law, describes the force exerted on a charged particle moving through an electromagnetic field. It is named after Dutch physicist Hendrik Lorentz.

2. How is the Lorentz equation derived?

The Lorentz equation is derived from the combination of Maxwell's equations and the Lorentz transformation, which is a mathematical formula that relates the observations of two different observers in relative motion.

3. What are the variables in the Lorentz equation?

The Lorentz equation includes three variables: the electric field strength (E), the magnetic field strength (B), and the velocity of the charged particle (v). These variables are all vectors, meaning they have both magnitude and direction.

4. What is the significance of the Lorentz equation?

The Lorentz equation is significant because it explains the fundamental interaction between electric and magnetic fields and charged particles. It is essential in understanding and predicting the behavior of particles in various electromagnetic fields, which has numerous applications in physics and engineering.

5. Can the Lorentz equation be applied to all particles?

The Lorentz equation can be applied to all charged particles, including electrons, protons, and ions. It is a fundamental law of electromagnetism and is valid for all charged particles regardless of their mass or charge. However, it may need to be modified in certain situations, such as when dealing with relativistic speeds or particles with spin.