Magnets generating electricity, non-fixed placements.

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of magnetic motors and their ability to generate electricity while also storing power. However, the concept of perpetual motion and over-unity devices is deemed impossible and is a banned topic on the forum. The thread is closed due to this topic being against the forum rules.
hrivera1995
I'm new to the forum so I'm sorry if this question is posted in the wrong place. I have been doing some research on magnetic motors and they seem possible, but I am not talking about the fixed magnet motors where all of the magnets stay in the same position. I found this video where there is a magnet wheel and an electric motor with magnets on it, when the motor spins the magnets the magnet wheel spins. I was wondering if this is not only possible, but if it would generate enough electricity to not only power the motor, but to store some power. Would it work? Here is the video-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgpE7D6yywo&feature=related I'm sorry its in another language but its the only good one I could find.

Engineering news on Phys.org
hrivera1995 said:
I'm new to the forum so I'm sorry if this question is posted in the wrong place. I have been doing some research on magnetic motors and they seem possible, but I am not talking about the fixed magnet motors where all of the magnets stay in the same position. I found this video where there is a magnet wheel and an electric motor with magnets on it, when the motor spins the magnets the magnet wheel spins. I was wondering if this is not only possible, but if it would generate enough electricity to not only power the motor, but to store some power. Would it work? Here is the video-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgpE7D6yywo&feature=related I'm sorry its in another language but its the only good one I could find.

Concerning what is in bold. You are describing perpetual motion and of course this is not possible. I didn't look at the link, it isn't really necessary to answer your question in bold.

PMMs and over-unity devices are on the banned topics list in the Rules link at the top of the page. Thread closed.

Related to Magnets generating electricity, non-fixed placements.

1. How do magnets generate electricity when they are not fixed in place?

Magnets generate electricity through the process of electromagnetic induction. When a magnet is moved near a conductor, such as a wire, the magnetic field of the magnet causes a flow of electrons within the conductor, resulting in an electric current.

2. Can magnets generate a significant amount of electricity?

Yes, magnets can generate a significant amount of electricity. The strength of the magnetic field, the speed at which the magnet moves, and the size and material of the conductor all play a role in the amount of electricity that can be generated.

3. What are some real-life applications of magnets generating electricity without fixed placements?

Some common applications include generators in power plants, electric motors in appliances and vehicles, and renewable energy sources such as wind turbines.

4. Do magnets lose their magnetic field when used to generate electricity?

No, magnets do not lose their magnetic field when used to generate electricity. The magnetic field is a result of the alignment of the atoms within the magnet, and this alignment is not affected by the generation of electricity.

5. Is there a limit to the amount of electricity that can be generated by magnets without fixed placements?

There is no inherent limit to the amount of electricity that can be generated by magnets without fixed placements. However, practical limitations such as the strength of the magnetic field and the size and material of the conductor may affect the amount of electricity that can be generated.