Make & Share Your Fractals - Get Ideas & Inspiration Here

• B
  • Thread starter ProfuselyQuarky
  • Start date
  • Tags
    fractals
In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of fractals, with the participants expressing their love for creating, looking at, and using fractals as a form of art. They also discussed their experiences with creating various types of fractals, such as Julia and Pascal's fractals, using different tools like graphing calculators. Some participants mentioned their interest in studying mathematics in the future, while others shared examples of their favorite fractals. The conversation ended with one participant sharing their own fractal creations to add more "fractal-y" elements to the discussion.
ProfuselyQuarky
Gold Member
Fractals! Fractals are great . . . . I like making them and looking at them and using them. They are really art in every way. I was just wondering if anyone else here made fractals, too. Do you have any of your favorite examples of fractals? I’m going to be doing something for a little project and I need a lot of fractals!

Post fractals you have made, and the equations and parameters for them (only if you know). If they require an explanation, just shoot.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Julia fractals are really nice :)

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Math_QED said:
Julia fractals are really nice :)
Yes, there are so many different kinds of Julia fractals, too, of course. Have you made any?

Maybe I'm the only one who does. Gosh, I really am quarky!

ProfuselyQuarky said:
Yes, there are so many different kinds of Julia fractals, too, of course. Have you made any?

Maybe I'm the only one who does. Gosh, I really am quarky!

I'm still at high school but we had a course at university (not a real mathematic course) and we programmed some fractals using our graphing calculators. We made some Julia fractals, but also Pascal's fractal using our calculator. It was a lovely experience!

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Math_QED said:
I'm still at high school but we had a course at university (not a real mathematic course) and we programmed some fractals using our graphing calculators. We made some Julia fractals, but also Pascal's fractal using our calculator. It was a lovely experience!
I'm still in high school, too :smile:

ProfuselyQuarky said:
I'm still in high school, too :smile:

What will you be studying when you finish high school? :wink:

Math_QED said:
What will you be studying next year? :wink:
Calculus, chemistry, maybe statistics if "they" allow me.

ANYWAY . . . here's some fractals to make this place more fractal-y . . .

Happy Holidays Fractal.png

Detrites.png

Likes member 587159

1. What is a fractal?

A fractal is a geometric figure or pattern that is made up of smaller, self-similar copies of itself. In other words, a fractal is a shape that repeats at different scales or magnifications.

2. How can I make my own fractals?

You can make your own fractals using a variety of software programs or online tools. Some popular options include Mandelbulb 3D, Fractal Explorer, and Gnofract 4D. These programs allow you to manipulate parameters and create unique fractal designs.

3. Are there any rules for creating fractals?

There are no set rules for creating fractals, as they are a form of art and can be interpreted and created in many different ways. However, some common techniques include using recursive algorithms, symmetry, and iteration.

4. How can I use fractals in my work?

Fractals can be used in many different fields, including mathematics, art, computer graphics, and even biology. They can be used to model natural patterns, create visually appealing designs, or study complex systems.

5. Where can I find inspiration for my fractal designs?

There are many online communities and galleries dedicated to fractal art where you can find inspiration and share your own creations. You can also look to nature, mathematical equations, or other artists for ideas and inspiration.