Making LED bulbs safer: Health and LEDs

• I
  • Thread starter renault
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Led Safety
I want to strongly associate myself with those who are saying the probability of any of the effects you are bringing up is vanishingly small. One automobile ride without a good seatbelt or a good breath of air in any of a hundred cities or farms is far more likely to cause known problems. Anything is possible and anything new is marginally more likely to contain unknown hazards. It is impossible to prove something is harmless, but so far the doomsayers have been largely overwrought. The outstanding cases of harm have typically not been forseen. (for instance Thalidomide represents a very unlikely and unfortunate series of events) But worrying about everything can also be deleterious so just because some fool youtuber makes a claim causes not a ripple in my worry-meter: What, Me Worry?

Attachments

• 1701456810139.png
    1701456810139.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 28
Likes Vanadium 50
Physics news on Phys.org
Thread closed for Moderation...

renault said:
It is not so much that 'I am worried' but generally I take the precautionary principal and if some researchers suggest that current LED's used in the home may cause problems, then I want to consider it.
Without any peer-reviewed medical journal references, this thread will remain closed. If the OP wants to PM me valid references, this thread may be reopened in the future. Thanks to all who tried to help the OP.

Likes Bystander and hutchphd