Male vs Female Boxing: Comparing Strengths

• Thread starter newjerseyrunner
  • Start date
In summary: That's about 4 hours, which is about how long it would take for a woman to beat a man in a one on one fight.In summary, based on my experience and what I've read, I believe that Rhonda Rousey would have a difficult time beating a man in a physical fight. She has less physical strength and size than most men, and her training may not be as extensive. Her ability to box would probably be the only area in which she would have an advantage.
russ_watters said:
Well, Rick said she's a world class athlete and then you apparently read him saying that she's not a world class athlete. So it looked pretty clear to me that you were seeing something that wasn't there:What was written and what you read seem to me to be exact opposites of each other.

Quite frankly, I tend to be suspicious of such discussions too and I'm not really sure what the OP is after here, but Rick did have a valid point as to RR's place:

RR is a world-class athlete in a sport that has very thin competition and as such, it is difficult to judge her beyond the limited sample of what we've seen. At their best, Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan were head and shoulders above their competition in well-developed, highly competitive sports. But for RR, the lack of competition makes it difficult to judge just how good she is. Yeah, she's head and shoulders above everyone else, but how much of that is her being great and how much is nobody else being any good? I don't know. A similar phenomena exists for women's hockey, where it is the US and Canada and then everybody (nobody) else. But hey, men also have thin sports. Apropos: boxing.

russ, my response to Rick's comments is related to the following (with bolded emphasis from me):

"The thing is, Rhonda is not even a GREAT fighter. The social justice warriors are hyping her up as this unstoppable force that can crush anyone, including guys and it's just not even close. Her judo is world class but her striking is terrible and, unfortunately, there just aren't any other females out there yet to compete at that level."

So it reads and sounds to me that Rick is saying that she's not a world-class athlete, in spite of his praise of her judo skills. So my reading is not unjustified, at least IMHO.

I am in agreement with you otherwise that RR is a world-class athlete in a sport with a limited # of participants, so it is difficult to judge her capabilities beyond the limited sample available.

Last edited:
<h2>What are the main differences between male and female boxers?</h2><p>The main differences between male and female boxers are typically related to physical strength and size. On average, males tend to have more muscle mass and higher levels of testosterone, which can give them an advantage in terms of power and speed.</p><h2>Do men always have an advantage over women in boxing?</h2><p>No, it is not always the case that men have an advantage over women in boxing. While men may have certain physical advantages, there are many female boxers who have proven to be just as skilled and successful as their male counterparts.</p><h2>Are there any rule differences between male and female boxing?</h2><p>In most cases, there are no rule differences between male and female boxing. However, some organizations may have weight classes or other regulations specific to each gender.</p><h2>Are there any notable differences in technique between male and female boxers?</h2><p>Generally, the technique used by male and female boxers is similar. However, due to differences in physical strength and body size, some techniques may be more effective for one gender over the other.</p><h2>Is there a difference in the level of competition between male and female boxing?</h2><p>Yes, there is typically a difference in the level of competition between male and female boxing. This is often due to the fact that there are more male boxers and therefore a larger pool of talent to compete against.</p>

What are the main differences between male and female boxers?

The main differences between male and female boxers are typically related to physical strength and size. On average, males tend to have more muscle mass and higher levels of testosterone, which can give them an advantage in terms of power and speed.

Do men always have an advantage over women in boxing?

No, it is not always the case that men have an advantage over women in boxing. While men may have certain physical advantages, there are many female boxers who have proven to be just as skilled and successful as their male counterparts.

Are there any rule differences between male and female boxing?

In most cases, there are no rule differences between male and female boxing. However, some organizations may have weight classes or other regulations specific to each gender.

Are there any notable differences in technique between male and female boxers?

Generally, the technique used by male and female boxers is similar. However, due to differences in physical strength and body size, some techniques may be more effective for one gender over the other.

Is there a difference in the level of competition between male and female boxing?

Yes, there is typically a difference in the level of competition between male and female boxing. This is often due to the fact that there are more male boxers and therefore a larger pool of talent to compete against.