Math Humor Tuesday: Cyanide & Happiness

• Thread starter collinsmark
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Humor
In summary, "Math Humor Tuesday" is a weekly webcomic series created by Cyanide & Happiness that uses humor to make math more approachable. The webcomic group consists of Kris Wilson, Rob DenBleyker, Matt Melvin, and Dave McElfatrick, known for their dark humor. Math is often used in humor because it can make the subject more relatable, and "Math Humor Tuesday" covers various topics in math, using wordplay and visual gags. While Cyanide & Happiness is known for controversial humor, "Math Humor Tuesday" is generally considered appropriate for all ages, with some jokes requiring a basic understanding of math.
collinsmark
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Today's Cyanide & Happiness

apples.png

[Source: http://explosm.net/comics/4435/]

Likes 1oldman2, beamie564, DennisN and 7 others
Physics news on Phys.org
This reminds me of my earliest recollection of exposure to maths.
I believe I was 5, and my sister was 10:

negative.apples.png

She still denies any recollection of the conversation.
Of course, I eventually understood the concept, of negative numbers.

Likes 1oldman2, DennisN and S.G. Janssens

What is "Math Humor Tuesday"?

"Math Humor Tuesday" is a weekly webcomic series created by the popular webcomic group Cyanide & Happiness. It features a humorous take on various mathematical concepts and problems.

Who is Cyanide & Happiness?

Cyanide & Happiness is a webcomic group consisting of four individuals: Kris Wilson, Rob DenBleyker, Matt Melvin, and Dave McElfatrick. They are known for their dark humor and popular webcomic series.

Why is math used in humor?

Math is often used in humor because it is a subject that many people find challenging or intimidating. By making fun of math, it can help to make it more approachable and relatable for people.

What kind of math is featured in "Math Humor Tuesday"?

"Math Humor Tuesday" covers a wide range of mathematical topics, including geometry, algebra, calculus, and more. The comics often use wordplay, puns, and visual gags to make fun of these concepts.

Is "Math Humor Tuesday" appropriate for all ages?

While Cyanide & Happiness is known for its dark and sometimes controversial humor, "Math Humor Tuesday" is generally considered to be appropriate for all ages. However, some jokes may require a basic understanding of math to fully appreciate.