What is the impact of ADC quanta on op-amp offset error?

In summary, the conversation is about a book on Electrical Engineering and the person asks for information on op-amp offset error and ADC quanta. They also share a link to a file for reference. The person responding asks for more information and suggests starting a new thread with clearer images.
electronic engineer
Substandard Post Quality
Homework Statement
op-amp with 10-bit ADC
Relevant Equations
V(o)=-V(io)*(1+R2/R1)
Hello,

i have questions from a book that I'm reading, it's full of interesting problems about Electrical Engineering. For now i want to ask about op-amp offset error.

I will post a copy of the problem here.

We can talk about it, i have an idea about offset error so i can share it here later, but for now can you just tell me about ADC quanta?

problem6-5.png
Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
electronic engineer said:
Homework Statement:: op-amp with 10-bit ADC
Relevant Equations:: V(o)=-V(io)*(1+R2/R1)

We can talk about it, i have an idea about offset error so i can share it here later, but for now can you just tell me about ADC quanta?
You've been a member of PF long enough to know that's not how things work here. Please show us your work and links to the reading you've been doing about this subject, so we can help you find any errors or misunderstandings in your work.

Also, what do you mean about "ADC quanta"? Are you asking about various measures of ADC quantization error, or something else? Again, it would help so much to see links to your reading on the subject, instead of having to guess what you are asking about.

Thanks.

It is a waste of your time and ours to post images that aren't readable.

Likes berkeman
DaveE said:
It is a waste of your time and ours to post images that aren't readable.
Agreed. @electronic engineer -- Please check your PMs and start a new thread with the improvements I suggested. Thank you. This thread is closed.

1. What is maximum input offset voltage?

Maximum input offset voltage is a measure of the maximum difference between the two input terminals of an operational amplifier that will result in a zero output voltage. It is an important parameter in determining the accuracy and precision of an amplifier's output.

2. Why is maximum input offset voltage important?

Maximum input offset voltage is important because it affects the accuracy of an amplifier's output. If the offset voltage is too high, it can cause errors in the output signal, leading to inaccurate measurements or calculations.

3. How is maximum input offset voltage measured?

Maximum input offset voltage is typically measured by applying a small voltage to one input terminal while keeping the other input terminal grounded. The output voltage is then measured and the difference between the applied voltage and the output voltage is the input offset voltage.

4. What factors can affect maximum input offset voltage?

Several factors can affect maximum input offset voltage, including temperature, power supply voltage, and manufacturing variations. These factors can cause the offset voltage to vary over time and can also differ between different amplifiers of the same type.

5. How can maximum input offset voltage be minimized?

To minimize maximum input offset voltage, precision amplifiers with low input offset voltage are often used. Additionally, careful design and layout techniques can also help reduce the effects of offset voltage. Temperature compensation techniques can also be used to minimize the impact of temperature on offset voltage.