Maximum time for writing a new thread

• Thread starter mcastillo356
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about posting a large thread on the internet and the possibility of a maximum time limit for writing it. The suggestion is made to write it on a PC and copy and paste it, and a reminder is given to keep posts concise to avoid losing readers' interest.
mcastillo356
Gold Member
Hello, I've got a very large new thread to post. Will it be possible, or there is a maximum time allowed to write?
Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
mcastillo356 said:
Hello, I've got a very large new thread to post. Will it be possible, or there is a maximum time allowed to write?
Thanks!
Why not write it in your PC , copy and paste it here?

Thank you very much!

Please be aware that people usually do not read carpets full of text on the internet! If you have a question, ask the question, if you want to display your personal theory, then it will be deleted anyway as it is against our rules.

Last edited:
Likes Bystander
Thank you, fresh_42!

@mcastillo356 I want to second what fresh_42 said. People's eyes glaze over if they see more and a couple of short paragraphs and even then it's iffy.

Likes Bystander
phinds said:
@mcastillo356 I want to second what fresh_42 said. People's eyes glaze over if they see more and a couple of short paragraphs and even then it's iffy.
Thanks, iffy!

• Haha
Likes phinds

1. How long should I spend writing a new thread?

The maximum time for writing a new thread can vary depending on a few factors, such as the complexity of the topic and your writing speed. However, it is generally recommended to spend no more than 1-2 hours on a new thread.

2. Is there a minimum amount of time I should spend on a new thread?

While there is no set minimum time for writing a new thread, it is important to spend enough time to thoroughly research and develop your ideas. This could range from 30 minutes to a couple of hours, depending on the depth and complexity of your topic.

3. Can I take breaks while writing a new thread?

Yes, it is perfectly acceptable to take breaks while writing a new thread. In fact, it can be beneficial to step away from your writing and come back to it with fresh eyes. Just make sure to manage your time effectively and not spend too much time on breaks.

4. How can I ensure I am using my time efficiently while writing a new thread?

To use your time efficiently while writing a new thread, it is important to have a clear outline or plan for your thread. This will help you stay focused and avoid spending too much time on unnecessary research or writing. It can also be helpful to set a timer or schedule specific blocks of time for writing.

5. What should I do if I am running out of time while writing a new thread?

If you find yourself running out of time while writing a new thread, prioritize the most important points and focus on getting those across. You can also consider extending your deadline or asking for an extension if necessary. Remember, quality is more important than quantity when it comes to writing a thread.