Maxwell3D-Howto simmulate 2AC electrodes putting into a pool

• Thread starter lotusquantum
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Electrodes
In summary, the conversation is about simulating the magnetic field produced by two AC electrodes in a pool using Ansoft Maxwell3D. The first attempt was to use two current excitations at the ends of the electrodes, but it did not produce a symmetric magnetic field. The second attempt was to connect the electrodes with a wire and place the excitation in the middle, but the J field did not show a strong conduction zone in the water area. The person is seeking help on which model to use and how to set the excitation for the AC electrodes. They have reposted the question and are still having problems.
lotusquantum
Dear All,
I'd like to simulate the magnetic field produced by two AC electrodes putting into a pool (figure 1). I am using Ansoft Maxwell3D... but i don't know how to set excitation for an AC current in this case.
image_question.jpg

the first test I put two current excitations at two ends of the electrodes (with no wire connecting between them), but it won't produce a symmetric magnetic field around each electrode... (figure 2)
No_wire.jpg

I draw a small wire (copper) connecting between 2 electrodes and put excitation on middle of the wire, but I don't know why the J field did not show a strong conduction zone in the water area (figure 3)
with_a_wire.jpg

Engineering news on Phys.org
many thanks for seeing, i have solved it ok

Hi All,
Sorry I wish to repost this question because I still have some problems with it. Please anyone can help me: how to simulate the magnetic field produced by 2 AC electrodes putting into a pool. I have an AC power (500Hz) with 2 electrodes, then I put the 2 two electrodes in two ends of a water channel. i would like to simulate the magnetic field produced around the water channel by using Ansoft Maxwell3D, i don't know which model should i use (eddy current or transient magnetic), and how to describe and set excitation for the AC eletrodes?
problem.jpg

Thank you very much and best regards,

Last edited:

1. How do I set up the simulation for 2AC electrodes in a pool using Maxwell3D?

To simulate 2AC electrodes in a pool using Maxwell3D, you will need to first create a 3D model of the pool and electrodes using a CAD software. Then, import the model into Maxwell3D and assign appropriate material properties to the electrodes and pool. Next, set up the simulation parameters such as frequency, mesh settings, and boundary conditions. Finally, run the simulation and analyze the results.

2. What are the important considerations when choosing the frequency for the simulation?

The choice of frequency for the simulation depends on the size and geometry of the electrodes, as well as the properties of the surrounding medium. In general, a frequency within the range of 10 kHz to 100 kHz is suitable for simulating 2AC electrodes in a pool.

3. How can I ensure accurate results for my simulation?

To ensure accurate results, it is important to have a well-defined and realistic 3D model of the pool and electrodes. Additionally, using appropriate material properties and mesh settings can also improve the accuracy of the simulation. It is also recommended to perform multiple simulations with varying parameters to validate the results.

4. What are the limitations of simulating 2AC electrodes in a pool using Maxwell3D?

While Maxwell3D is a powerful simulation software, it does have some limitations when it comes to simulating 2AC electrodes in a pool. One major limitation is the assumption of homogeneous materials, which may not accurately represent the complex composition of the pool. Additionally, the accuracy of the simulation may also be affected by factors such as electrode size and shape, as well as the presence of nearby objects or structures.

5. How can I analyze the simulation results and interpret them?

The simulation results can be analyzed using various tools and techniques, such as visualization of electric field distribution, calculation of current density, and comparison with theoretical models. It is important to understand the physical principles behind the simulation and carefully interpret the results in the context of the specific scenario being simulated.